Italy

dalitis8

Banned
yes yes yes
before the wc even started i was hoping for italy, england and france to go out early.
and 2/3 is already out!
slovenia really disappointed me last night though

Identical feelings here...

They should have brought Balotelli, Miccoli, Cassano and even Rossi. They had no offense to speak of whatsoever and it showed when Pirlo was injured. As soon as Buffon went out, their defense got exposed for the shamble it is.

No matter what they did,Italian football is in steep decline...they have not produced a genuine star player for more than a decade....

Even before the tournament I confidently claimed that this was the worse Italia of all time...

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Identical feelings here...

No matter what they did,Italian football is in steep decline...they have not produced a genuine star player for more than a decade....

Even before the tournament I confidently claimed that this was the worse Italia of all time...

Daniel De Rossi, in case you didn't hear of him.

Barcafan 2304

Cannavarro gave a frank assessment. Says there isnt the talent coming through in the Italian game. Shocking to think one of the powerhouses of world football has plumbed that depth.

Beast

The Observer
Not really it's an excuse to justify his selection and playing as a starter .. there is several CB who excelled this season

Hamzah

High Definition Member
does anyone else think cassano would have been the answer? he is a good creative player and did well in euro 2008 whenever he played

dalitis8

Banned
Alright,I would take your word for it.....so they have produced almost one world class player in the past decade...

Hamzah

High Definition Member
yeah they aren't producing many new players these days. its because the top teams in italy either have no italians, or are not very good. the new group of players has nothing on pirlo, nesta, del piero, totti, cannavaro, zambrotta etc etc

Beast

The Observer
That is one(1) player(one and zero are very close to each other)....and how good is he really?

Alright,I would take your word for it.....so they have produced almost one world class player in the past decade...

Oh, so you haven't see De Rossi play and you post as if you have watched them closely and giving us your ultimate opinion ...
why don't u just comment on the things u see and save us the agony

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

The only department they have not produced quality player in is another AM (Cassano doesn't count becaue he is mischievous) and a proper striker. The only reason you are under this illusion is because the Italian National team is primirly predominated by older players who command the respect of the younger generation. Once a player is established in the national team, there is nothing a youngster can do to take it away from him until they retire.

This has been always Italia's way and will continue forever. With 4 World Cups in the bag, twice runners up, 1 semi finals, 1 European Championship, and runners up, their strategy isn't exactly failing.

A decade in International football isn't long. Besides Germany, Holland and Spain, no other country in Europe has produced quality a little more consistently yet they haven't been successful for how long (I am not forgetting Spain's Euro win)?

France is the only nation that has topped Italy in producing good successful teams and even they haven't produced anything worthwhile since Zidane's crew.

Beast

The Observer
The only department they have not produced quality player in is another AM (Cassano doesn't count becaue he is mischievous) and a proper striker. The only reason you are under this illusion is because the Italian National team is primirly predominated by older players who command the respect of the younger generation. Once a player is established in the national team, there is nothing a youngster can do to take it away from him until they retire.

This has been always Italia's way and will continue forever. With 4 World Cups in the bag, twice runners up, 1 semi finals, 1 European Championship, and runners up, their strategy isn't exactly failing.

A decade in International football isn't long. Besides Germany, Holland and Spain, no other country in Europe has produced quality a little more consistently yet they haven't been successful for how long (I am not forgetting Spain's Euro win)?

France is the only nation that has topped Italy in producing good successful teams and even they haven't produced anything worthwhile since Zidane's crew

Totally wrong here Raed u should watch more man , France current generation with a proper manager would be upthere with Spain & co as strong favorites

--------------------------------Lloris/Carrasso------------------------------
Chalme/Fanni-------Ciani/Rami-----------------Skaho/Planus--------Cissokho/Mathieu
----------------Toulalan/Alou Diarra----------Diaby/Sissoko------------
-----------------------------Gourcuff/Nasri----------------
Vallbuena/Gignac--------------------------------------------Ribery/Ben Arfa
-------------------------Gomis/Benz-------------------

Along with Briand,Remy,M'villa,Feghouli (who i expect will have a bright future now that he moved to Valencia ) on the sideline waiting for their chance

this team Elder is Alou Diarra 28 and Fanni 28 , rest are all average 24 year old .. few 26 ye

In fact no other country in Europe (not even Spain ) has upcoming talents similar to France
for every a potential of a great player in Spain there is 3 in France

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
but the thing that france dont have gio is stars. besides ribery nobody on france can match up to villa, xavi, torres and ineista in talent. the rest just match up with the spanish players

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Totally wrong here Raed u should watch more man , France current generation with a proper manager would be upthere with Spain & co as strong favorites

Chalme/Fanni-------Ciani/Rami-----------------Skaho/Planus--------Cissokho/Mathieu

Along with Briand,Remy,M'villa,Feghouli (who i expect will have a bright future now that he moved to Valencia ) on the sideline waiting for their chance

this team Elder is Alou Diarra 28 and Fanni 28 , rest are all average 24 year old .. few 26 ye

In fact no other country in Europe (not even Spain ) has upcoming talents similar to France
for every a potential of a great player in Spain there is 3 in France

but the thing that france dont have gio is stars. besides ribery nobody on france can match up to villa, xavi, torres and ineista in talent. the rest just match up with the spanish players

Beast, I did say that France produce the most, their national system has been phenomenal. While the potential is there, let us see what Blanc would be able to achieve with them. The older generation had class, this current generation is lacking in that department.

Even then, wouldn't the difference between Zidane and Nasri/Gourcuff is a decade? Which is my point to begin with.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

france are good, and I don't dispute blanc will improve them greatly, but up there with spain? that lot?

no chance.

Home of Barca Fans