Italy

Beast

The Observer
Squad called for the friendly

Goalkeepers: Marchetti (Cagliari), Sirigu (Palermo), Viviano (Bologna)

Defenders: Antonini (Milan), Astori (Cagliari), Bonucci (Juventus), Cassani (Palermo), Chiellini (Juventus), Lucchini (Sampdoria), Molinaro (Stuttgart), Motta (Juventus)

Midfielders: De Rossi (Roma), Lazzari (Cagliari), Marchisio (Juventus), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Palombo (Sampdoria), Pepe (Juventus)

Strikers: Amauri (Juventus), Balotelli (Inter), Borriello (Milan), Cassano (Sampdoria), Quagliarella (Napoli), Rossi (Villarreal).

Another fresh breath.. optimistic about France and Italy squads

Beast

The Observer
Yep... fresh faces all around.. enough of the old guard they brought the world cup time for another generation to take his chances .
actually i believe this is the youngest ever Italian squad in recent memory

Ataraxia

I hope the Italy and France coaches are willing to bring some "Old" guys back, because frankly, this is way too far, yes bring new faces, but Astori, Lucchini, Amauri, Molinaro ? Maybe giving Lazzari and so a chance is definitely good, but in general, some names are not worth being there, even having Zambrotta and co there is better.

Beast

The Observer
I hope the Italy and France coaches are willing to bring some "Old" guys back, because frankly, this is way too far, yes bring new faces, but Astori, Lucchini, Amauri, Molinaro ? Maybe giving Lazzari and so a chance is definitely good, but in general, some names are not worth being there, even having Zambrotta and co there is better.

Don't forget some of those names are quite old not young .. but what did Italy veterans do the last WC ? fuck all ..
they won the WC , they did their job most of them (if not all ) will be over the hill in Euro 2012 , Zambrotta can barely carry his legs !!! last thing Italia need is be like AC Milan (sorry but that's how it is ) again
try some new guys.. introduce new names , hungry for the chance .. the idea of not trusting an Italian player till he reach the age of 27/28 is uber retarded

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya

Despite of Amauri's NT-saga, I would like him to do good now, as he's been called up for Italy.

Would love him to excel for the NT. Besides, he's quite good and I hope this call-up will give him plenty of motivation and hunger to do well.

Last edited:
S

Super Pippo

No revolution in sight then... sigh.

Pointless game, stupid squad, and ridiculous location. But still, I was expecting something from them!

Beast

The Observer
First game for the manager Sergio with the players all in mid/early pre-season wtf did u expect .. jesus christ man no need to whine when there is nothing to whine about

S

Super Pippo

Exactly my point, its a totally useless game.

But even then, with calling up so many new faces, you would atleast expect a bit of performance from them, to try and cement a place for future games.

Beast

The Observer
No way Sergio.. there is no way you would expect a performance come on man , some of them didn't even kick a ball in pre-season yet..
some are looking for a transfer , some unsettled , first time to talk with the manager.. so many aspects to take into consideration
the only positives is a life line for Italian youth and second chance for the likes of Cassano and Balotelli
moreover for some it's the first time to partner their team mates

Home of Barca Fans