Italy

Fiódor

They will perform tremendously well from their own goal and 60 yds out, but then what?

What...the...hell...was I thinking? And this is >90% of the expected starting XI against Paraguay, right?!
Marchisio, Criscito, Bonucci and eight corpses (in various stages of decomposition). And Bonucci was a mixed story to put it mildly.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
For once goal.com makes a good point about this being potentially the worst group of Italian forwards in World Cup history. When Gilardino is your most reliable source for goals you could have a problem.

R

Rico

For once goal.com makes a good point about this being potentially the worst group of Italian forwards in World Cup history. When Gilardino is your most reliable source for goals you could have a problem.
Sorry but you can't blame any of the forwards for that performance, it doesnt matter who a team has for forwards when the players behind them arnt doing anything to create chances. Overall the team looked tired and out of sync, but hopefully we will be better against switzerland in on saturday

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Sorry but you can't blame any of the forwards for that performance, it doesnt matter who a team has for forwards when the players behind them arnt doing anything to create chances. Overall the team looked tired and out of sync, but hopefully we will be better against switzerland in on saturday

The match with the Suisse will be an interesting one as both NTs are struggling with their form, atm...Not sure either side will want to risk any of their key players though, either...I too look forward to it

Ataraxia

Iaquinta will not be on the wing and strongly doubt Marchisio will be the number 10.

Yes Laquinta will be on the wings. That's how the've been playing tactically. As for Marchisio it's either him or Pirlo taking the advanced role, but now that Pirlo is injured he might guarantee it because I don't know if Lippi trusts Cossu or Candreva that much to replace Pirlo. Marchisio proved he can play in a bit more advanced role and even score when needed.

lucky its still 1-1 against Switzerland atm, Italy getting battered
Montolivo having a decent game, italy starting to get more into it

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Fab Quags and Pazzini are a bad pairing. Then again Pazzini shouldn't be allowed to play with anyone besides Cassano, Totti or Del Piero...whoops.

Monty is looking decent but Italy's defense is poor. Italy always does better when they aren't favourites but this team is much, much worse than the one in 2006.

S

Super Pippo

Claudio Marchisio is now my favourite player in the Azzurri:

Fantastic. :D

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The Azzurri are relics, at the moment...Unless there's a monumental collapse, can't see how they get out of their group in SA...When Gattusso is your best player, you know you're in trouble

Home of Barca Fans