Ángel Di María

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Hope Benfica squeezes as much as 50m from Perez... Larger the price larger the probability of him succumbing to pressure!!

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
Portuguese press are saying we're interested in Di Maria. It could well be Benfica using their media contacts to squeeze more money out of Perez and reial mandril but it's nice to hear of some interest from our end.

Today, portuguese newspapers says that Di Maria is a target between Barça and RM... I hope not... break... Di Maria is a complete "flop"... only in a league like portuguese league he can win...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I wonder why people think he did good vs Everton! He seemed really bad for me, except he did manage to provide an assist that day!!

klik

I wonder why people think he did good vs Everton! He seemed really bad for me, except he did manage to provide an assist that day!!

I´m Portuguese and a fan of Benfica and Barcelona!

That´s not true.... He did 3 assists in that game and he was the best assistant in Europe League 2009-2010 (8 Assists). He also did 4 goals in the competition.

He finished the season with 20 assists and 10 goals. He did an amazing season, in all competitions, not just the Portuguese League....

Di Maria is not overrated, quite the contrary. I Think a lot of people doesn´t give the credit he deserve

He has the potencial to be a star, a top player.... He just need a oportunity. In the world cup i think he will do it, and when it happen, he will be out of reach for the most teams in the world.

Last edited:

beef-supreme

Just remember, the only reason Benfica (and Di Maria) had it so easy is because the Portuguese FA cheated and helped them to the title - Benfica won something like 15 red cards or something INSANE like that, also Hulk, who was Porto's best player during the start of the season, was suspended for hitting an official, but instead of being properly tried the court waited 3 months during which he was suspended and nothing was happening, and really, Benfica had an easy season. In Europe they were good at times, but Di Maria didn't play well against the big teams.
I believe in Di Maria, if you see my comments from pages before, i think he's good.
BUT.
I also think that some people get carried away, and forget to factor in that he had a horrible 1st season at Benfica, he had a good season this year but he wasn't the most consistent (Falcao and Cardozo were much more consistent, for e.g.) and also that there were external circumstances that helped Di Maria and Benfica.
And finally, just cause he's good in Portugal doesn't necessarily mean he'll be world class outside of the Portuguese League ;)

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I´m Portuguese and a fan of Benfica and Barcelona!

That´s not true.... He did 3 assists in that game and he was the best assistant in Europe League 2009-2010 (8 Assists). He also did 4 goals in the competition.

He finished the season with 20 assists and 10 goals. He did an amazing season, in all competitions, not just the Portuguese League....

Di Maria is not overrated, quite the contrary. I Think a lot of people doesn´t give the credit he deserve

He has the potencial to be a star, a top player.... He just need a oportunity. In the world cup i think he will do it, and when it happen, he will be out of reach for the most teams in the world.

I watched only one leg there buddy(that 2-0 one)... I watched the match in fact to have a look at our Keirrison but ended up being bowled over by David Luiz and deciding on Di Maria that he's over-rated!!
I tell you he can dribble well and all that... but you know most of the times he foolishly dribbled into the defenders! It really puts people off if you do that 'not once', 'not twice' but every time you get the ball!!
Di Maria looks good, and as of now only looks good (because of his fancy dribbling and stuff) I say until he proves people wrong during world cup

Olsend

Of course he is overrated if 'some' club is willing to pay for him 40mill. Man that is insane, even flops from Dutch league are cheaper!

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
i do think he is overated, from what i've seen (not much to be honest)..

He is good technician and all, but he seems like player with no fooballing brain. He seems to be one fancy winger that runs and driblles only. Plus, even Quaresma was GOD in Porto, flopped in barca and Inter badly...

Who knows, maybe Di Maria has stronger mentality and will turn out good...

desoe

Plus, even Quaresma was GOD in Porto

Spot on.

I could never be too much impressed by a player from the portuguese/dutch league, until I don't see him succeeding on a top level. Just like players like Sneijder, Robben or Van Nistelrooy did. And like Kezman, Quaresma, Afonso Alves or Huntelaar didn't. These leagues are like traps, like huge black holes which could swallow your millions forever. It's a gamble, where many clubs already lost and the medias are just creating hype monsters everyday.

Home of Barca Fans