14 - Javier Mascherano

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
yeah,

we would have to play 4-3-1-2 though, if we want to give xavi the deep lying role...

Iniesta behind Messi and Villa...

Assuming we play Sergio and Badgerano as a double pivot..

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Double pivot seems like a very unlikely scenario to me... If Busquets is to play at the same time with Masch, he will do it in Keita's position...

K

King_Puyol

Javier's passing is limited imo (for barca standards). against the lesser teams he won't be needed as we will be playing keep ball.

if he makes bad pass and we lose possesion then we are under serious pressure.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
In our system the DM doesn't need to do much more than pass to a teammate about 5 yards away. Mascherano is more than capable of doing that, his passing isn't that bad.

Trequartista

The good
In our system the DM doesn't need to do much more than pass to a teammate about 5 yards away. Mascherano is more than capable of doing that, his passing isn't that bad.

of course,If you are a defensive midfielder at Barca then 80% of your passing job is to pass a short one to Iniesta and (in particular Xavi) ,his passing is good,we do not need a defensive midfielder who makes a key pass bec we have Xavi and Iniesta

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
MagicBox82.jpg

L

liverpoolfan

This coming from a die-hard Liverpool fan who, despite Mascherano's departure, will be buying a Barca shirt with Mascherano on the back.

Mascherano is a VERY GOOD passer. I have been watching him all of his years at Liverpool and don't be fool by his "tough" playing style. Last year iin the EPL he made more passes than anyone else in the league. Although most of those passers are the result of him taking the ball from an opponent and then quickly giving it to another midfielder, he does do a lot of good passing. Hell, his last play for Liverpool was laying a great little pass to NGog who went on to score.

Despite Mascherano being a defensive midfielder, he is very quick and a good passer. He will flourish even more in all of the space that Barcelona creates I believe.

Sad to see him go.

nebeer

Love is All
Unless Iniesta becomes as good on the left wing as he is in midfield, I find it difficult for Cesc to find a place in our team.

Barcafan 2304

Javier's passing is limited imo (for barca standards). against the lesser teams he won't be needed as we will be playing keep ball.

if he makes bad pass and we lose possesion then we are under serious pressure.

I think a commentator hit the nail on the head on sunday. Guardiola probably recognised there was a weakness in terms of added muscle or steel after the Inter semi's last season. Mascherano was not brought cos of his pretty passing, it was because he will toughen up that area.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This coming from a die-hard Liverpool fan who, despite Mascherano's departure, will be buying a Barca shirt with Mascherano on the back.

Mascherano is a VERY GOOD passer. I have been watching him all of his years at Liverpool and don't be fool by his "tough" playing style. Last year iin the EPL he made more passes than anyone else in the league. Although most of those passers are the result of him taking the ball from an opponent and then quickly giving it to another midfielder, he does do a lot of good passing. Hell, his last play for Liverpool was laying a great little pass to NGog who went on to score.

Despite Mascherano being a defensive midfielder, he is very quick and a good passer. He will flourish even more in all of the space that Barcelona creates I believe.

Sad to see him go.

Welcome onboard and hope you stick around!

Home of Barca Fans