Yaya Toure

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Seriously guys, move on... But just to keep on topic, even with Yaya playing we would have lost that game... And trust me, I loved Yaya in our team, but there were a lot of mistakes made against Inter that Yaya couldn't have solved...

New season, new challenges, let's support our team!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
A bit of a pointless endeavour, IMHO, to delve into hypothetical scenarios but, for me, Yaya would've been precisely what was missing against Inter...Truth is, I don't ever recall an encounter againt Sneijder when Yaya played where he ever got much of a sniff of the ball...Yaya owns Wesley and any doubt about that, just check the tapes

That match at the San Siro, sadly, involved so much BS it's hard to know where to begin...Whether you went with the Portuguese former business partner of Mourinho's reffing the match or his lack of consistent officiating there still remained the foul ahead of the goal by Maicon that was never called or the blatantly offside goal of Milito's...We saw this in the WC though, officiating has become biggest issue in the game

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
We did get lucky with refereeing decisions back in 09, it happens. Sometimes it helps you, sometimes it kills you. That's football. I'm all for introduction of technology though.

Barcafan 2304

We did get lucky with refereeing decisions back in 09, it happens. Sometimes it helps you, sometimes it kills you. That's football. I'm all for introduction of technology though.

What he said. We benefited in 08-09, were unlucky last season. Part and parcel of football

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
^ exactly. We got run over in Italy and lost the European cup in the process...Busquet's should have never started that game. Toure should have.

based on what?

yaya was poor all last season. he didn't put forth the effort required of him and never showed his true ability. busquets constantly outshone him and was the man in form.

this isn't football manager, you can't just start the player with the better stats and magically your team will improve.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Love to see a compilation comparing Yaya vs Biscuit for last season for all those underrating Yaya...And those of you deeming him poor last season??...Come on

Trequartista

The good
Love to see a compilation comparing Yaya vs Biscuit for last season for all those underrating Yaya...And those of you deeming him poor last season??...Come on

He didnt have a poor season but he was overplayed by Busquetes,Busquetes deserved to be our starter,But last season he played as a CMF very well.

Pepe Silvia

His issues couldn't be ironed out. Had they been able to clear all that up and get Yaya's mind right?! Busi would stand no chance. Yaya full throttle is the best in the business.

ViolentLogic

Saying that he had a "poor season" when there was clear favoritism by Pep (and don't get me wrong, I'm no Pep hater, I love our coach but this I disagree with - MY OPINION PPL) to play Busquets, because IMHO Pep wanted to create a world-class DM. And you know what? I think he WILL, Busquets is doing great and on the right path.

BUT, BUT, BUT the important thing that you all screaming Yaya sucked, this or that, HE WASN'T EVEN GIVEN MUCH OF A CHANCE, so even if he had a few "bad" or "below-average" games he didn't even get the chance to redeem himself, that is the PATHETIC THING.

Shame on you talking as if he played all season long and sucked every single game.

Barcafan 2304

Seriously guys, move on... But just to keep on topic, even with Yaya playing we would have lost that game... And trust me, I loved Yaya in our team, but there were a lot of mistakes made against Inter that Yaya couldn't have solved...

New season, new challenges, let's support our team!

Agreed. We lost the tie through very poor defending in the 1st leg

Xavi_78

Just watching Shitty vs Spuds. And regardless of last year, a bad season and everything, I just want to say: Yaya come back, Shitty Colours don't suit you at all

V

Valon

Yaya was poor for his standards last season, well except the last match. And how is he having a great match when Spurs are totally owning City and if it wasn't for Hart pulling some fantastic saves they'd be like 3 or 4 down already. 1 good pass doesn't make your performance great I'm afraid.

Home of Barca Fans