Yaya Toure

Aasim

Bumbleman
We haven't sold that many players who have gone on to do better in recent years but i think Yaya may just be the exception :(

JAMAIN

Just sold one of the top 5 players in the world this season for 30M or whatever it was. Just stupid. If we struggle this year its because we lost Toure. No player out there in the world that is like him atm. DUMB DUMB DUMB move to let him go.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Just sold one of the top 5 players in the world this season for 30M or whatever it was. Just stupid. If we struggle this year its because we lost Toure. No player out there in the world that is like him atm. DUMB DUMB DUMB move to let him go.

This has to be a joke? you must have only seen the vallodolid match and thas all last season

maz

I walk the line
My God, I don't believe it. Is it really you?!!

And I agree, Yayá is a great player, definitely one of the best in the world at bossing a midfield, but Pep had other plans.

By the way, I think Busquets is a more solid player than people have given him credit for (particularly before the WC), but the guy isn't a liability. There is a feeling of confidence that I get when I see yayá anchoring the midfield as opposed to Busquets, but I think Busquets will soften the blow of Yayá leaving, and eventually go on to become just as good as Yayá. I really believe it. The guy is young and, even though you can see the inexperience in his eyes, he understands how a midfield works very well.

JAMAIN

This has to be a joke? you must have only seen the vallodolid match and thas all last season

Barca always need this type of box to box midfielder. Someone that can get forward when the tic tac passing game isn't working. Toure provided that. Guardiola is going to miss him, because Barca is more dangerous and harder to scout when he is on the pitch. He gives you something different (kinda like Van Bommel did the year he was here and we won the CL). Busquests is great and is growing but Toure needed to stay...

Toure will miss Barca and realise he probably should not have left and I think we will be left feeling the same.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
While I agree for the most part, he simply cannot expect to start most games with a young talent like Busquests who bossed a CL and WC final. It's not like Pep didnt try to convince him to stay. Will we miss him? Probably. Could the club have handled his situation any better? Dont think so.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Very sad to point this out, but we (admins') should move Yaya to the "Barça History" topic :cry: I will sure miss him alot.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Couldn't you just leave all active players under player chat and the ones that already retired for good (like lucho, cruijff, figo, ...) under history?

It's so confusing.

V

Valon

Couldn't you just leave all active players under player chat and the ones that already retired for good (like lucho, cruijff, figo, ...) under history?

It's so confusing.

I think so too. To avoid confusion on the players chat I belive it would be good to have a sub-forum called 'Barca Players' and all topics about current Barca players be there.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I think so too. To avoid confusion on the players chat I belive it would be good to have a sub-forum called 'Barca Players' and all topics about current Barca players be there.

surely non-barca players go in a sub-topic? why should the barca players be pushed further back?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I looked into marking Barca players into different colour but only managed to figure out how to make different colour for stickied topics.

Home of Barca Fans