Van Persie

Ketoth

I was hoping he was doing a Rooney but he wouldn't have released a statement downgrading the club's ambition. It's a lack of respect.

Superfly

Banned
Podolski, Giroud, and likely Cazorla isn't bad for a club "lacking ambition" and not having a sugar daddy pump money into them. All this talk about Chelsea, City, and United but I really think Arsenal can surprise a few this season.

Last edited:

Jenks

I was hoping he was doing a Rooney but he wouldn't have released a statement downgrading the club's ambition. It's a lack of respect.

That's what Rooney did. He came out if it with a big contract, and Fergie got more cash to spend.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
No disrespect to Rooney, who is a great footballer with a fighting spirit, but I seriously doubt he planned those statements in order to increase Sir Alex' transfer kitty...

Jenks

Probably not, but I wouldn't be surprised if Fergie planned it, or at least used it to his advantage. Rooney never made it public that he wanted out, Fergie called a press-conference.

Robbie

Podolski, Giroud, and likely Cazorla isn't bad for a club "lacking ambition" and not having a sugar daddy pump money into them. All this talk about Chelsea, City, and United but I really think Arsenal can surprise a few this season.

Ambition is just another buzzword for 'more money'. We all know what RVP is really after (200k per week), and it's obvious his agent told him that it was his only chance to make that much money ever again. Truth be told, he's really not that good and was benefiting massively from being the sole outlet of all our attacking moves. Put him in another team (like the Dutch NT?) and he's nearly invisible.

Juve can't afford him (not what AFC is asking, but RVP's wage demands), and City will outbid United. It's obvious that the only place he can go is the club he was forcing a move to go to all along.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
I do think Van Persie is class, and that most strikers would drown in the deadly swamp for strikers that is the Dutch national team, at least in BVM's system. The build-up play is just too slow for a striker not to get surrounded by defenders, especially with the need for Sneijder to drop deep in order to have some kind of creativity from deeper areas. Van Bommel and De Jong are too slow in possession, and the fullbacks always manage to get into bad positions to recieve a ball. Hopefully Van Gaal will play either a more flexible 4-2-3-1, or a 4-3-3 or something like that. We need better build-up play in order to give our striker - whoever it is - good chances.

Then again, RVP set the Choking-In-Front-Of-Goal-Against-Weaker-Teams-When-Presented-With-Quite-Some-Chances-Standard quite high against Denmark.

Last edited:

impeh

Hi, its me..
Wantaway Arsenal captain Robin van Persie could sign for Manchester United as early as today according to the Manchester Evening News.

Robbie

If you guys want to follow a good Arsenal ITK on twitter, look at @AFCamden. He was dead on about the Cazorla signing before it was so much as a rumour. This is what he had to say about United wanting RVP:

United have been "pushing very hard" for RVP, but of late Robin has been in great spirits and buzzing in training. Hard one to call

He trained well in Germany this morning and is expected to take part in Sunday's friendly against Cologne.

To be honest, what happens now is anyone's guess. If we have any pride as a so called 'big club', then selling to United should be out of the question no matter what they offer. They would NEVER sell us a good player, so why should we? If RVP wants to join them, he can run down his contract and leave for free next year.

Ursegor

World Champion
Bought his own hype. He thought Barcelona and Real Madrid would be desperate to sign him after 1 good season and fight for his signature. All he got was an half-arsed pisstake bid of € 10 million from Juventus. Now he's in an awkward situation. He said he'd never join another Premier League club but the only clubs who would take him are United and City.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans