Van Persie

Ketoth

one question to arsenal fans regarding rvp:

from what i've been reading online, only two options are being discussed regarding his future.

option 1- sell him this summer and cash in on him.
option 2- let him go on a free next summer.

but surely there is a 3rd option there that is not being discussed.

option 3- refuse to sell him this year and instead surround him with quality players, knowing that if he sees more ambition and arsenal win a trophy this year. he is likely to sign a new contract before summer 2013.

why is this not being discussed? he's said that money is not his motivating factor. and he turned down a very lucrative contract with arsenal, proving that it's not just about money with him. so you guys have bought giroud and poldi, just get some more depth in midfield and don't let rvp go. especially not to city or united like it's being discussed, that's just stupid. you guys have for years spoken about the fact that you are a financially sound club, you don't need money. well if you are as financially secure as you claim, then you won't sell your most prized possession and keep him with the hopes that by winning something this year, you'll convince him to stay for the long term. arsenal football club does not need money, it needs trophies, and you are much more likely to win them with rvp in your squad than without.

just want to know whats so ridiculous about this notion, and why nobody is discussing this in the media or forums whatsoever?

For much of the season we all thought that if we made top 4 he'd definitely extend his contract. Well we made third yet it doesn't look that way.

Robbie

RVP isn't the player we thought we knew. Many fans of other clubs think we're overreacting and that RVP is 'too good for us', but they haven't looked at the situation.

He spent years constantly talking about how much he loved the club, showing pictures of himself as a kid wearing the old JVC arsenal shirt. He had a picture on Arsenal.com where he was wearing a custom made kit that said "#1 fan", and less than a year ago he said he would never leave for another club because he only wants to win trophies with Arsenal.

Arsenal fans believed him, and now that this happens all of a sudden you have to expect a backlash of some kind.

M

mitkoa7x

RVP isn't the player we thought we knew. Many fans of other clubs think we're overreacting and that RVP is 'too good for us', but they haven't looked at the situation.

He spent years constantly talking about how much he loved the club, showing pictures of himself as a kid wearing the old JVC arsenal shirt. He had a picture on Arsenal.com where he was wearing a custom made kit that said "#1 fan", and less than a year ago he said he would never leave for another club because he only wants to win trophies with Arsenal.

Arsenal fans believed him, and now that this happens all of a sudden you have to expect a backlash of some kind.

To say he built you up and let you down would be a major understatement. He committed one of the biggest sins in football and he should pay for it... ten fold.

DB10

If Juve offer £20m then that would be the best option, but judging the wording of his statement he's clearly agitating for a Manchester move.

We can't afford to sell him to the Manchester clubs, somewhere you have to draw the line and have some sporting pride.

ammarfcb

ze special one

it's not other clubs fans. it's arsenal fans themselves. he is not too good for arsenal. most none-arsenal fans that i know agree with me that he is overrated, just used well in the arsenal system. easy to replace if u ask me.

Jenks

I don't think he's done anything wrong, personally. He's been a great servant for the club, and now he wants to leave. What's the problem? It's a football club to you, but for him it's his life and career we're talking about here.

Robbie

I don't think he's done anything wrong, personally. He's been a great servant for the club, and now he wants to leave. What's the problem? It's a football club to you, but for him it's his life and career we're talking about here.

Then Figo didn't do anything wrong

MaestroXavi

The servant
Van Persie really has pissed me off with this man,he did it exactly when Arsenal needed him not to and he ended his career at Arsenal on a bad note.Then again he might just be doing a Rooney :lol: but anyway Van Persie is obviously a money hungry and injury prone player who thinks one season without injuries is enough to leave a club who have been loyal to him through out his career

M

mitkoa7x

tumblr_m6cbokjymk1qfvcb1o1_500.gif

Robbie

Figo left for Barca's greatest Rival, Plus Barcelona won the league twice in a row a year before he left, Unlike Arsenal who have been a selling club and didn't win a trophy for 7 years

A list of RVP's injuries during his Arsenal career:

Groin Strain 2012 February 29th
Ankle/Foot Injury 2011 August 7th
Knee Injury 2011 February 28th
Hamstring Injury 2011 February 22nd
Flu 2011 February 8th
Ankle/Foot Injury 2010 August 28th
Ankle/Foot Injury 2010 June 1st
Sprained Ankle 2009 November 14th
Knee Injury 2009 September 13th
Groin Strain 2009 April 18th
Groin Strain 2009 March 30th
Hamstring Injury 2008 October 6th
Ankle/Foot Injury 2008 August 31st
Thigh Muscle Strain 2008 May 2nd
Thigh Muscle Strain 2008 April 4th
Thigh Muscle Strain 2008 January 11th
Thigh Muscle Strain 2007 December 24th
Knee Injury 2007 October 18th
Metatarsal Fracture 2007 January 22nd
Ankle/Foot Injury 2006 November 19th
Hip/Thigh Injury 2006 September 14th
Ankle/Foot Injury 2006 February 10th
Ankle/Foot Injury 2005 December 22nd
Knee Injury 2005 October 17th
Ankle/Foot Injury 2005 February 5th
Sprained Ankle 2004 November 26th
Sprained Ankle 2004 August 27th

RVP was being carried by the club for 7 years, sitting in the treatment table collecting wages. 7 years of breaking down when we need him most, going off to Dutch friendlies and coming back with 6 month injuries needing fucking horse placenta put in his leg to heal him. We should have replaced him years ago if we knew he would have pulled this shit. 1st injury free season in 8 years and he questions our ambition?

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
RVP was being carried by the club for 7 years, sitting in the treatment table collecting wages. 7 years of breaking down when we need him most, going off to Dutch friendlies and coming back with 6 month injuries needing fucking horse placenta put in his leg to heal him. We should have replaced him years ago if we knew he would have pulled this shit. 1st injury free season in 8 years and he questions our ambition?
Arsenal deserve better from him if he leaves it according to me becomes one of the biggest betrayals I mean i still can't believe he is taking this club that has supported him all along in his nightmare days to ransom.

Home of Barca Fans