Sergio Ramos

Beast

The Observer
The Pique -Iker conversation on the side in the video posted feels like Pique is telling Iker "you have to deal with him " and Iker is replying " we will deal with internally just go back to your side now and don't make a scene "

J

Jordzibob

At the same time, you have to appreciate that the Barca players are obviously gonna get involved there after that Ramos did. When am I getting my punishment btw?

Beast

The Observer
Anyhow Puyol said there is no problem with Ramos and all is forgotten , seems like someone did the talking after the game

gingerless

The Pique -Iker conversation on the side in the video posted feels like Pique is telling Iker "you have to deal with him " and Iker is replying " we will deal with internally just go back to your side now and don't make a scene "

yeah it does, i love iker he's such a gent

XaviMessiGirl

They are all professionals and milionaires and enjoy their success with the NT, I think they will kiss and make up.

Time is also a factor, their next game is in March 2011 me thinks.

February they have a friendly v. Colombia. Yeah at least there's time in between but still.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Anyhow Puyol said there is no problem with Ramos and all is forgotten , seems like someone did the talking after the game

Well, it's not the first time you'll hear Barca fans citing Iker as a class player but same will not be said for Ramos...ever...Shoving his Furia Roja teammates in the face like that, as well?...Small things in the bigger picture but as I always have said, you learn a lot about people in times of stress etc...It's easy to be a gent when things are peachy but another thing altogether when they aren't

Rohit

He needs to get his act together and not be so arrogant and darn stupid and thuggish.
His team got taught a footballing lesson and all he could do was lash out dumb bastard, always talking to the press how even if the team is losing they will still win 5-0 in champs league games and then abuse to a fellow peer.
I hope he gets punished big time for this the clown.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I don't see it having any impact on the national team, you underestimate the bond between this generation of Spanish players, even the Catalans. They were hugging before the match and these guys have known Ramos long enough to know he's an emotionally immature dumbass and that they shouldn't take it personally.

Someone needs to teach Ramos a lesson but Spain's golden generation have been through too much to not respect one another. They don't have to be best of friends to know they can play together. If Messi was seriously injured it would be one thing, but since the elephant left the room (Raul 'retired') Spain hasn't been particularly partisan.

B

beautifulgame

Agree with your post LF.

As far as Ramos goes, I would say a 7-10 game ban and a hefty fine should suffice. Gio got it right.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Class and Ramos won't come along in the same line. He was always sucha prick anyway. Either he's kicking players on the field or the one that we witnessed last night. Deserve a 10 matchs ban definitely (if that's enough for him).

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Throw the book at him, but as far as the Spanish NT is concerned, if I were the Puyol, Xavi, etc i'd just take the piss out of him to ease any lingering tension, and that's exactly what they're likely to do.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Ramos is just immature, as some other guys here pointed out. I think he needs to be taught a lesson not for our sake but for his own.

Home of Barca Fans