Sergio Busquets

X

xaviniesta

it's actually funny what a goal does to your reputation. i really really doubt anybody would talk busquets as the MOTM without the goal, not to mention adriano. that was typical busquets' performance. goal or no goal. goals are overrated what i'm trying to say basicly.

Busi-ness as usual :busquets:

love it :D

footyfan

Calma, calma
it's actually funny what a goal does to your reputation. i really really doubt anybody would talk busquets as the MOTM without the goal, not to mention adriano. that was typical busquets' performance. goal or no goal. goals are overrated what i'm trying to say basicly.

I see what you're trying to say about Busquets but I don't agree with you when you say goals are overrated. (unless you're saying goals for a DM are overrated? then i agree with you)

(1) The purpose of the game is to score more goals than the other team.
(2) A goal being scored changes the complexion of the game entirely (unless it's already 4-0 and the team scores the 5th).
Take Iniesta yday for example. He produced moments of so much skill but they ultimately led to nothing as he got dispossessed lots. Whereas Messi was just terrible all the time but had 1 moment of skill where he scored the 3rd goal which had a much bigger impact on the game.
Or look at Adriano's goal. Even at 1-0, Atletico were very comfortable but after Adriano's golazo (which came out of nowhere), Barca were all over them.

GiantKiller

What he was saying was that a player shouldn't be MOTM because he scored a goal but performed poorly. At least that's what I think.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom

Busquets was the second best player on this team after Messi all season, with or without that goal. People are only talking about him now though.

M

Malappapper

I think Iniesta was involved in both of our first half goals. OK the first was an individual effort from Adriano mostly, but the 2nd came after 2 chances created by Iniesta led to a corner.

M

Malappapper

The purpose of the game is to score more goals than the other team.

Absolutely yes.

But you cannot simply measure the worth of players by goals scored. That only applies largely to the forwards.

With midfielders like Iniesta and even DMs like Biscuits, you cannot judge them on goals. Both these players score rarely (in fact Biscuits almost never scores) but take them out of our team and we are much, much, much weaker. Many criticize Iniesta for his lack of end product (and to an extent that criticism holds some truth in it) but take him out of our team and we are 25% less effective (OK, maybe 20%) The last 5 years or so, I have watched every single Barcelona game, and 95% of our bad games were those where we did not have the "unproductive" Iniesta in our starting XI.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Absolutely yes.

But you cannot simply measure the worth of players by goals scored. That only applies largely to the forwards.

With midfielders like Iniesta and even DMs like Biscuits, you cannot judge them on goals. Both these players score rarely (in fact Biscuits almost never scores) but take them out of our team and we are much, much, much weaker. Many criticize Iniesta for his lack of end product (and to an extent that criticism holds some truth in it) but take him out of our team and we are 25% less effective (OK, maybe 20%) The last 5 years or so, I have watched every single Barcelona game, and 95% of our bad games were those where we did not have the "unproductive" Iniesta in our starting XI.

I don't disagree with anything you're saying. I just wanted to give my take on "goals are overrated". Umm and I said Iniesta was unproductive y'day, not that he's unproductive in general. I know that goals and assists don't cover the entire breadth of the game. But they're not overrated either because in most cases they have a huge impact on how a game proceeds. Do you know what happens everytime we don't score more goals than the other team? Sell Villa! Sell Alexis! Sell Cesc! Tello back to Barca B!

ivan22

photo-bomb level: bossquets

878308c2485311e2976e22000a1fbc8d_7.jpg

Home of Barca Fans