Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Sad to see Arbeloa go. An underrated player who can fill in anywhere across the backline but is most at ease at right back. Would have liked him to have stayed, but I am glad to have Johnson at rb who is better, though Arbie covers more areas in defence thus we lose that aspect.

He will do well for you. He is a better defender than going forward but can still make contributions in attack. He can also cover left back and in emergencies central defence. A solid addition for you.

Beast

The Observer
I hear Ronaldo was diving all over the place last night. I didn't get to see the game. Any good Gio?

No Alex, he was bad so was Benzema.. both are still playing as if they were in Man U & Lyon.. the movement are the same but the team mates are not..
u can see Benzema moving to the left and leaving the center forward position free and that's where CR was playing (waiting for his Man U team mates movement).. they made it easy for Ecuador champions to contain them.
needless to say Manu played with a 4-1-1-4 formation
------------------------Dudek--------------------
Salgado-----Pepe---------------Metz--------Marcelo
-------------------------Gago-----------------
---------------------------Guti----------------------
Robben-----------------Higuain-----------------CR
-------------------------Benzema---------------

only when Robben was injured and Granero came in (MOM yesterday ) the team improved dramatically from a 0-0 in the first half to 4-2

the defense is good though par the set pieces but Pellegerini need to start working on the forward line duties and movements in the coming weeks
On friday we meet Juve in the semi final and that will be a good tough test

FlyLo

So what's your opinion on Pellegrini anyway Beast?

Personally, I think he'll be fired before Easter.

edit: you've probably posted it somewhere before but I really can't look through 200+ pages

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
So what's your opinion on Pellegrini anyway Beast?

Personally, I think he'll be fired before Easter.

A manager i respect a lot and for me was the suitable candidate for Barca when Frank was leaving (CA remember this ) .
He is very intelligent man and what Valdano said about him (Wenger of the Spanish liga ) is not far from the truth .

Pellegerini managed to accumulate the rights of almost 80 % of the promising talents in South America for Villarreal from practically nothing, he like to play possession football and he take full credit from the transformation of Villarreal , he build 2 great teams (Forlan-Riqueleme-Sorin team and Rossi-Pires-Nihat-Senna team ) and managed with a 15 Million transfer budget what others with multi million budget failed to do .

But this is Real Madrid.. it's a tough job for anyone may it be a president-Player-manager..etc .
Any manager will need time especially when he has a new group of players .. it's different from taking over the same team squad and adding 2-3 players (like Ciro Ferrera or Pep ) and forming a new group of players (where mostly 3-4 players will only be the same ) ..
he need time to make those new comers adjust to their team mates and time for him to implement his philosophy and ideas . however in terms of being a manager you won't find 2 persons who watch the liga regularly & whatever their affiliation saying he is a bad manager , he is a very good manager
when i was asked a month ago about our chances i said by the time this team start to function the liga will be all but over for us i don't expect us to his second gear before January which kill our chance in the liga but put us as one of the contenders for the Champions league and lets face it..Real didn't spend 250 Million to win the liga .

the difference this time is Valdano , if it was Perez i would have said 3-4 month.. but any observer of the team affairs would see it's the Argentinian that run the club fully.. he got what he wished for from Pellegerini himself to players and i do believe it's set to be different this time

FlyLo

I agree with pretty much everything you said (has to be a first). He was absolutely amazing at Villareal but I don't think he can take the pressure he will suffer at Real Madrid. It's up to the directors to give him more than a year's worth of credit.

Beast

The Observer
well we were bound to agree on something at the end :D

here is Balague new Alonso story out just now after his previous report that Alonso are more likely to stay (according to an inside source at Liverpool )
-------------------

With regard to Xabi Alonso, we did report the other day that there was a more optimistic mood within the Liverpool camp that Alonso would be staying and that a source at the club had said that “there is more chance of Xabi staying at Liverpool than there is of him going.”

However, over the last 24 hours, events have moved quickly and it now appears that Real Madrid are edging closer to meeting Liverpool`s demands. This follows the news that Rafa Benitez has set Xabi a two day deadline on the deal, which effectively signaled to Madrid that they either pay €30 million ASAP – or end their interest for good. Understandably, Benitez wants the matter sorted as quickly as possible if he is going to have to replace Alonso. However, despite the fact that numerous press reports are claiming that a deal could be tied up as quickly as the end of today – a word of caution: Florentino Perez will resent being seen to respond to an ultimatum and Madrid may still drag their heels. The Spanish club are also trying to offload players to free up salary and squad space, and it is possible that may still delay matters.

There are still a lot of people involved in this deal who will not want to lose face or to walk away with their reputation tarnished and human nature dictates that an element of stubbornness by any party could still lead to complications.

It would appear that Liverpool are prepared to lower their asking price, the player is ready to go and Real Madrid are on the verge of making an improved offer – so at first glance the transfer of Xabi Alonso looks set to go ahead. However, while there are widespread media reports claiming that the transfer of Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid is a foregone conclusion and that it will happen within 24 hours, I would say that, at this exact moment in time, there is still a way to go before a deal is finalised and until the deal is complete, nothing can be taken for granted. As a close source to the whole deal told me this morning: “Nobody knows if it will happen or when it will happen”…

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
So £3.5M FOR Arbie. Not bad. It swells up the coffers to about 9m euros now from sales and loan payments.

Shame he will go into obscurity now and end up in Getafe or Racing or his old club Depor in 18 months time.

Beast

The Observer
So £3.5M FOR Arbie. Not bad. It swells up the coffers to about 9m euros now from sales and loan payments.

Shame he will go into obscurity now and end up in Getafe or Racing or his old club Depor in 18 months time.

4 Million Euro you mean .. ;)

Arbeloa will be a solid addition and will work well in Europe..

Eddie i feel after we finalize the Xabi deal we will give Negredo for a cut down price

Ish Kabibble

Check out this crazy goal by LDU Quito against Real Madrid at about 3:12 in this package of highlights. It involves a corner kick, a header, a bicycle kick and another header. :p

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xjm50NkSBEs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xjm50NkSBEs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans