Málaga

dalitis8

Banned
I think they'll give Valencia and Villareal a real run for their money. They got a briliiant coach and they've bought a lot of players that already know La Liga. They could also be a great team to watch. It's a great thing for La Liga as tbh it's become a bit of a joke the past few seasons.

Just because 2 teams totally dominate La Liga it does not follow that it is a joke of a league...Real Madrid and Barca are most probably the Top 2 sides in Europe (and of course the world) and it is only natural that ordinary Spanish teams will get routinely thrashed by them. When the Big 2 drop points, it really is a big deal, which in a way makes the whole affair quite interesting.

I am not saying that La Liga is the best, but I am not so eager to join the La Liga bashing bandwagon just because the Big 2 are so far ahead of the rest. Surely it would have been better if Valencia and Sevilla for example were as good as Arsenal and Man City, but it would have been much worse in my opinion if La Liga was more like the Bundesliga, with teams that range from mildly shitty to somewhat decent.

In any case, the most important thing is the CL. As long as Barca can win it, let others bitch about the lack of competitiveness in La Liga.

more of these please... :champions:

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
Once the TV money gets shared out equally then it's fair game. Until then it's going to be a upper class SPL.

XaviMessiGirl

To be fair, i do. A league with genuine competition will be more exciting and be beneficial to Barca

Agreed, I'd rather have some element of suspense and competition (besides Madrid) than a walk in the park all the time. It's great being the best but when there's little to no challenge it doesn't seem quite as satisfying as it should. Right now the only real reward of winning the league is getting another one over Madrid. I think that's why some cules obsess over the CL so much, because that's where we actually have to prove ourselves as opposed to the league.

Barcafan 2304

Agreed, I'd rather have some element of suspense and competition (besides Madrid) than a walk in the park all the time. It's great being the best but when there's little to no challenge it doesn't seem quite as satisfying as it should. Right now the only real reward of winning the league is getting another one over Madrid. I think that's why some cules obsess over the CL so much, because that's where we actually have to prove ourselves as opposed to the league.

True. In Scotland, Rangers and Celtic brag about the titles they have won but with the best will in the world, it is devalued due to the opposition they play

nebeer

Love is All
Once the TV money gets shared out equally then it's fair game. Until then it's going to be a upper class SPL.

This is high time that the TV revenue was equally shared. This is for the best of the Liga.

I have the same viewpoint here. I want more strong teams to emerge in the Liga, as it would be so much more exciting then. I really hope Malaga can challenge us and Madrid for the title. Because of the style of football that is played in La Liga, I like this league the most. Now only if the competition extended out of the big 2, then even the hardcore EPL fans would agree that this is the best league in the world.

Just because 2 teams totally dominate La Liga it does not follow that it is a joke of a league...Real Madrid and Barca are most probably the Top 2 sides in Europe (and of course the world) and it is only natural that ordinary Spanish teams will get routinely thrashed by them. When the Big 2 drop points, it really is a big deal, which in a way makes the whole affair quite interesting.

I am not saying that La Liga is the best, but I am not so eager to join the La Liga bashing bandwagon just because the Big 2 are so far ahead of the rest. Surely it would have been better if Valencia and Sevilla for example were as good as Arsenal and Man City, but it would have been much worse in my opinion if La Liga was more like the Bundesliga, with teams that range from mildly shitty to somewhat decent.

In any case, the most important thing is the CL. As long as Barca can win it, let others bitch about the lack of competitiveness in La Liga.

more of these please... :champions:

I know that Barca and Real are like 2 super clubs, but La Liga still should have more stronger teams. What pains me is that there are teams in La Liga like Valencia, Atletico, Sevilla, Villarreal who have real potential of becoming serious contenders even of the CL, but they don't get financial back up and good direction. It's unbelievable that they still don't have equal TV rights. If we don't have equal TV rights, we are indirectly, directly and officially saying that La Liga is a 2 horse race and the rest are just shadows. We are denying the opportunity of possible growth to these clubs. I would rather prefer Barca win La Liga titles after overcoming super strong opponents (more than 1, more than Madrid).

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Not even the pl has equal tv-money distribution..

Teams like Atletico and Sevilla have done much better than Arsenal, Spurs and City during the last 5 seasons

Not even the pl has equal tv-money distribution..

Teams like Atletico and Sevilla have done much better than Arsenal, Spurs and City during the last 5 seasons

the last placed team in the PL earns more than the 3rd-4th team in la liga in TV money i think

Bergkamp10

Valencia reported Malaga for non-payment of the 6 million release clause for Isco, Malaga say that they do not have the funds as Sheik Abdullah bin Nasser Al Thani is on Ramadan and asked for more time. Valencia said no, so Malaga are now blocked from registering any players until they pay up - which means the Cazorla transfer is invalid :lol:

Home of Barca Fans