Málaga

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
With the loss of Cazorla, Villarreal are going to suffer... Less said the better about Atletico Madrid... So two are out of question

Valencia might struggle to cope up with Mata's loss but I think Emery's got it some how keep them on track.
I'm not sure how good Sevilla are going to be.
Athletic Bilbao are going to be a surprise package this season.

So it's probably going to be a fight between Valencia, Malaga, Bilbao & Sevilla for the two CL spots, the ones losing out ending up in Europa spots

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Maybe just that I feel the integration period for their new players will be harder and it seems like a team of individuals rather than a collective team who are all pulling in the same direction.

But it is an exciting thing for the league to see how Malaga will do.

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
Malaga will get in the top four before Liverpool do. It's a shame Valencia or Villarreal didn't get bought by some wealthy person. They are closer to Barcelona and Madrid than Malaga. I think Malaga could finish in the top four.

Last edited:

jamrock

Valencia have way to much debt, which is the only reason, they haven't been taken over yet IMO. the club is better than, chelsea,man city and the likes before they were taken over and can negotiate their own TV, the debt is really holding them back. but i would love to see valencia return to their rightful place in the league.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Valencia is too big a club to disappear completely, but definitely not a good pet project for bored rich Arabs, the debt is too much.

Villarreal is in the middle of nowhere and are only relevant because of great management to begin with.

Malaga might be a shithole but it's an investment friendly city to begin with, in a populated area where it should be easy to attract people to games. Definitely a better choice for investment than say, Getafe.

Should be an exciting race for 3rd and 4th place next season.

jairzinho

Valencia have way to much debt, which is the only reason, they haven't been taken over yet IMO. the club is better than, chelsea,man city and the likes before they were taken over and can negotiate their own TV, the debt is really holding them back. but i would love to see valencia return to their rightful place in the league.

Me too. It sort of pains me to see what has become of spain's top clubs. Apart from being a Barca aficionado, i really love spanish football in general. But alot has changed over the years. Like i said in another thread, the clubs can't keep up with barca and real. Valencia are slowly drifting into becoming irrelevant just like Depor did a few years ago.

nebeer

Love is All
Yes I would also love to see Valencia give a hard time to the top 2 but it seems less and less likely. They lose their star players and even though have a beautiful style of play don't find the consistency week in week out. Being consistent is the only way to get closer to the top 2. Debt is definitely Valencia's problem, if they would have had some investors to fuel them they would have gone for the biggest titles. For now, they should make equal TV revenue a reality and make sure that they don't lose games or points to teams lower down the table.

dalitis8

Banned
With the loss of Cazorla, Villarreal are going to suffer... Less said the better about Atletico Madrid... So two are out of question

Valencia might struggle to cope up with Mata's loss but I think Emery's got it some how keep them on track.
I'm not sure how good Sevilla are going to be.
Athletic Bilbao are going to be a surprise package this season.

So it's probably going to be a fight between Valencia, Malaga, Bilbao & Sevilla for the two CL spots, the ones losing out ending up in Europa spots

Villareal may use the Cazorla monies to enhance their squad. The same applies (to an even larger degree) to Atletico de Madrid.

Valencia should/could also use the Mata funds to strngthen their team. Sevilla are a big mystery to me, and Bilbao I consider a weaker team than the rest mentioned here.

Malaga should finish a very distant 3rd if Pelegrini works well.

*Btw, how much do Valencia owe anyway?

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
I think they'll give Valencia and Villareal a real run for their money. They got a briliiant coach and they've bought a lot of players that already know La Liga. They could also be a great team to watch. It's a great thing for La Liga as tbh it's become a bit of a joke the past few seasons.

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
tumblr_lgc3g92EOo1qca5dk.gif

Home of Barca Fans