FC Barcelona B

khaled_a_d

Halilovic has been anything but solid. Very very unimpressive. Taking him off for Munir actually improved the midfield. Lol. The moment Munir was in for Halilovic we got an open opportunity on goal but Dongou is such a slow thinker and mover that he let the entire Betis defense catch up before even attempting to do anything.

Halilovic has been solid for sure ,better defender than Samper which says a lot tbh .he also created a chance for Adama and his overall play has been good
It is funny you say midfield improves with Halilovic out just after 2 minutes of him being subbed ,one minute later Betis score

Zangash

Banned
Halilovic has been solid for sure ,better defender than Samper which says a lot tbh .he also created a chance for Adama and his overall play has been good
It is funny you say midfield improves with Halilovic out just after 2 minutes of him being subbed ,one minute later Betis score

Halilovic lost the ball a solid 6 times (At least. I'm at work and have had to look away several times) by dribbling straight into defenders between minutes 45 and 67. But who cares? He defends!

Our defense being poor and conceding shouldn't be attributed to our midfield having less work ethic defensively.

Zangash

Banned
Samper hasn't even been poor defensively. He made an interception in his own box and passed it all the way up to Dongou.

The introduction of Munir and Samper to the midfield has really improved our play overall. Patric and Halilovic contributed very little to our attack.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Another loss.

Desperately need a few wins or else there will be muddy, barely playable fields, rough playing conditions and opposition players to face next season( though it also depends on which Segunda B group they end up in if that happens, hopefully not)

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Samper hasn't even been poor defensively. He made an interception in his own box and passed it all the way up to Dongou.

The introduction of Munir and Samper to the midfield has really improved our play overall. Patric and Halilovic contributed very little to our attack.

All he did towards the end was try to dribble and lose the ball

Zangash

Banned
All he did towards the end was try to dribble and lose the ball

We'd see him play differently if the coach would start him.

Of course, in the long run it doesn't really matter much. I suppose we're bound to lose or draw every game regardless of who it is that starts, but I'd prefer it if we played someone with a snowball's chance in hell of making it to the first team, which is something Patric, Gumbau, and Halilovic don't actually have.

F

Flavia

The "work" of past years getting to an end. Juvenil A also suffering from bad planning. They have no striker. All that's on zubi's, btw. He was in charge of the planning of all squads. No sporting project on all levels.

His legacy will hurt Barça for a while.

khaled_a_d

Halilovic lost the ball a solid 6 times (At least. I'm at work and have had to look away several times) by dribbling straight into defenders between minutes 45 and 67. But who cares? He defends!

Our defense being poor and conceding shouldn't be attributed to our midfield having less work ethic defensively.

I don't get why Vinyals is benching Samper.

I counted 4 times we lost the ball due to Samper attempting a dribble since your post :worthy:

And Halilovic isn't even the one who compete with Samper ,it is Gambua and Patric

look ,Samper is probably our biggest talent when it comes to 1st team future ,no doubt but let's not forget 2 things
1-He has clear weakness into his game ,his defense has never been good .that has been said millions of times in this forum and one of the reason many suggested he should be transformed into CM .he also makes a gr8 pass but he is still incapable of controlling the tempo

2-while in General Barca B is a team to develop young talents to make them ready for 1st team ,Vinyals is here to avoid relegation and that is his top priority in those last few months of the season ,he would care less about developing those players and I can't blame him

Barca B has been a mess since 2015 and the team looked ugly and uncoordinated and has no clue whatsoever what they are doing ,that started to change in the last couple of games ,our defense was atrocious but this game and the game b4 they were drastically improved ,the inclusion of Palenica in RB and Patric in midfield has helped them a lot .halilovic and Gambua right now are playing a CM ,they are controlling the game and always there for their teammates ,remember that isn't Barca 1st team .the level is different and the requirements change

I would repeat that Samper is gr8 talent but the fact that the team looked much better without him due to tactical reasons ,he just doesn't fit right now in the model Vinyals is playing and for now it looked like we have been improved and it is a bit working .we could have easily won today if it wasn't for Dongou .last game we deserved a win but were unlucky
And today game the team lost the ball and Betis dominated once Vinyals started making changes .they became instantly the better team while we regressed

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I counted 4 times we lost the ball due to Samper attempting a dribble since your post :worthy:

And Halilovic isn't even the one who compete with Samper ,it is Gambua and Patric

look ,Samper is probably our biggest talent when it comes to 1st team future ,no doubt but let's not forget 2 things
1-He has clear weakness into his game ,his defense has never been good .that has been said millions of times in this forum and one of the reason many suggested he should be transformed into CM .he also makes a gr8 pass but he is still incapable of controlling the tempo

2-while in General Barca B is a team to develop young talents to make them ready for 1st team ,Vinyals is here to avoid relegation and that is his top priority in those last few months of the season ,he would care less about developing those players and I can't blame him

Barca B has been a mess since 2015 and the team looked ugly and uncoordinated and has no clue whatsoever what they are doing ,that started to change in the last couple of games ,our defense was atrocious but this game and the game b4 they were drastically improved ,the inclusion of Palenica in RB and Patric in midfield has helped them a lot .halilovic and Gambua right now are playing a CM ,they are controlling the game and always there for their teammates ,remember that isn't Barca 1st team .the level is different and the requirements change

I would repeat that Samper is gr8 talent but the fact that the team looked much better without him due to tactical reasons ,he just doesn't fit right now in the model Vinyals is playing and for now it looked like we have been improved and it is a bit working .we could have easily won today if it wasn't for Dongou .last game we deserved a win but were unlucky
And today game the team lost the ball and Betis dominated once Vinyals started making changes .they became instantly the better team while we regressed

It was already 1-2 when Samper got in.

F

Flavia

I didn't say otherwise !!

But getting in a game already complicated is a not very fair way to judge a player. He was doing well before, and he needs to play. As it is, relegation seems unavoidable.
I think some big changes will happen next season.

khaled_a_d

But getting in a game already complicated is a not very fair way to judge a player. He was doing well before, and he needs to play. As it is, relegation seems unavoidable.
I think some big changes will happen next season.

Relegation race is tight and not unavoidable for sure though odds are still against us ,and many rumors suggested that Vinyals job depending on avoiding relegation .that is the situation the club into and it is clear the priority for now is to avoid relegation
Things was complicated when they scored the 2nd and that is a fair say and I would more blaming it on putting Munir in midfield which basically decreased our number of midfielders than being on Samper alone
but you can't deny our team has been better those 2 games with Patric-Gambua-Halilovic . Vinyals has a point

Home of Barca Fans