Daniel Alves

LaMessiah

Honestly, I wouldn't be too opposed to this... in a couple years. I think hes got a lot of skill, and hes a much more consistent crosser than Alves, but come on. I just can't see a way to replace Dani, and thats saying something since I'm typically frustrated with him. After watching Adriano these past few games, I'm now genuinely worried about what will happen if Dani walks. I hope Rosell and Cruyff and whoever else have relevant opinions on the matter see that Dani is as much an integral part of this team as Xavi, Iniesta, Carles and Messi.

I wouldn't be opposed to it either, I guess, if Dani does leave. But, like you said, this team changes a whole lot when Dani isn't out there. We saw it last season when he was out a couple weeks and now this little stretch of 10 or so days. Adriano is good in spot duty and filling in roles, but I wouldn't want him as our starting RB. van der Weil and Rafael probably won't come cheap either... I dunno, it's a sticky situation.

I really think Alves realizes that no other team in the world can offer the style of play, opportunity for championships and continuity that Barca can offer him. Hopefully he's just playing tactics with this whole contract BS.

Huckleberry

I wonder why salary is such an issue.
For a club, expenses are expenses, may they be called salary or what ever, for example amortisation. To replace Alves the club has to spend not only the salary of the future player but also the transfer fee (with annual amortisation). Thats easily an other 5-10 M a year (Villa for example: 40 M Transfer fee makes 10 M a year for amortisation. That is to be added to his high salary for the true costs of Villa).
So. Give Alves as salary, what fits into the salary scheme, and the rest of his request as "transfer fee" (hand money) at the moment of the renewal of the contract.

It makes no sense to pay more (for a weaker player) at the bottom line only for the "philosophical" reason to pay less for pure salary...

Last edited:

Huckleberry

That's not the point. Barça payed about 40 M € (all incl.) for Alves as transfer fee (and complicated bonuses for Sevilla), which results to about 10 M for amortisation every year of the contract, besides the salary! The renewal of the contract will be cheaper for Barça as the actual contract, even if Alves gets a huge increase in salary...

J

Johan Cruyff

If Dani leave - So there are only 1 player who maybe can replace him - Philipp Lahm. He's younger than Daniel Alves and better in the defensiv play. The only problem is that Lahm have contract with Bayern Munich until 2016..

Ohio Catalan

Dani is better than Philip Lahm in both aspects of the game in my opinion. He has more pace, more stamina, and he already knows the system. Never mind the fact he'd cost us as much as Dani did from Sevilla, with Dani's type of salary to boot. Letting Dani go, regardless of who fills his position, would be a mistake. He runs for days and offers our side a dynamic that no other team in the world (to my knowledge) has. I think he's got leverage on the club in this regard, and Rosell will have to give in I think. I just don't understand why he's so eager to spend a bajillion bucks for Cesc to sit on the bench at least half of a season but he doesn't want to keep the best right back in the world...

Jordi

If Dani leave - So there are only 1 player who maybe can replace him - Philipp Lahm. He's younger than Daniel Alves and better in the defensiv play. The only problem is that Lahm have contract with Bayern Munich until 2016..

A 9 Mio. Euro per year contract, just to have some perspective.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Alves will be in his 30's by the time the contract runs up anyway, just sell him then.

N

nina

A 9 Mio. Euro per year contract, just to have some perspective.

yup, if they won´t pay dani a. the requested salary, they will definately not pay philipp lahms salary...
bayern munich is not willing to sell him, although i think, philipp lahm would take a second and seriously think about an offer from barcelona.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans