Daniel Alves

LaMessiah

Isn't Tevez already pushing 30? And he's not going to come cheap, wouldn't be worth Dani, Jeffren and Bojan, imo, when he wouldn't even be immediately in the starting 11 in front of Messi-Villa-Pedro.

The best deal for Barca to make is signing him or a straight sell to someone like City (whoever the best bidder is) in the summer. Hopefully he's just playing politics with not signing yet.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
If we'd sell him, who should we sign to replace him? Van der Wiel ? Azpilicueta ? (how's he doing at Marseille?) Lahm? (would be very expensive, and I'm not sure if he'd leave Bayern).

LaMessiah

I would not have guessed 26... still kind of expensive, imo

I'd think they'd look at van der Wiel and Rafael. Maybe bring back Caceras?? :lol:

Ohio Catalan

I would not have guessed 26... still kind of expensive, imo

I'd think they'd look at van der Wiel and Rafael. Maybe bring back Caceras?? :lol:

Honestly, I wouldn't be too opposed to this... in a couple years. I think hes got a lot of skill, and hes a much more consistent crosser than Alves, but come on. I just can't see a way to replace Dani, and thats saying something since I'm typically frustrated with him. After watching Adriano these past few games, I'm now genuinely worried about what will happen if Dani walks. I hope Rosell and Cruyff and whoever else have relevant opinions on the matter see that Dani is as much an integral part of this team as Xavi, Iniesta, Carles and Messi.

And I know it was joke, lol, sorry I didn't make that clear.

P

PhilS

If Dani does leave, the next right back will not likely be as dynamic. The team will change at least a bit.

Maybe it will change to 3-4-3, for quite a few games:
Valdes
Pique Busquets Puyol
Masch Xavi Iniesta Ibi
Pedro Messi Villa

Bench:
Pinto (or younger replacement)
Adidal, Fontas (or Bartra)
Keita, Thiago, Maxwell
New forward, Bojan

The only one of these starters who the team could transfer would be Masch, who might be worth more to some other team. Bojan could leave, probably Jeffren and Milito will leave. Adriano would be in for 4-3-3 games.

Ohio Catalan

Its definitely an interesting idea, I hadn't really though about the changes in dynamics and formation we'd have to make. As far as Masch goes, I hope the club holds him well into his thirties... I love his intensity, his intelligence, and his skill for an enforcer. He oozes Barca to me, but I could be alone in this sentiment.

JonM

As much as I'd like Dani to stay, I don't see why he should earn more than Puyol/Villa/Valdez.

Sure Barça could probably give him the money he asks, but then it would open the door for every player to think they're worth more than they really are.

I'm also tired of ManC artificially raising the price/worth of every player only because their owner has an endless amount of oil money to spend for his own amusement.

Joostvans

Letting Dani Alves go would be the dummest thing to do. He is one of the best rightbacks in the world. You won't find a replacement as good as he is. Give him the salary he wants, but extend his contract at least till 2015. This time Johan Cruijff is wrong!

alex 10

Dani Alves will reject a big-money move to Manchester City and sign a new contract at Barcelona.
The Brazil international is wanted by Roberto Mancini at Eastlands but any move was set to be put on hold until the summer.
Mancini has added £27m Bosnian Edin Dzeko to his squad in the January transfer window but is said to be pleased with his business for this month, without the need for any more arrivals.
Alves, 27, is currently in negotiations over a new contract at Barcelona and City have been watching developments with interest.
Mancini planned to offer the right-back a massive pay increase and a move to Eastlands but talkSPORT has learned from sources in Spain that the defender does not want to move to City and will sign a new long-term deal at the Nou Camp in the near future

Home of Barca Fans