CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

serghei

So far, we have won the CL in the capitals of England (LondonX2), Italy (Rome) and France (Paris). Germany's capital (Berlin) is next.

Yannik

I have to say I was annoyed by the fact that when we had the ball, especially when Messi had the ball, Bayern fans were whistling and booing us. Not nice. Didn't even remember this happening at the Clasico.

Have to defend the Bayern fasn there. Barca fans did that too, look at the first 20 minutes of the 1st leg at Camp Nou and large perods later in the game aswell, everyone was whistled.. Bayern fans did that mainly in the 2nd leg BECAUSE of the exact reason that they were upset that this happened in Barcelona. This is usually not a thing in germany to whistle the opponent, you only whistle divers or certain players that the fans are upset with for some reason. Never a whole team though, except maybe in some very agressive derbys.

Last edited:

Devils

Luis Enrique's post-match comments shows that Barca did not intentionally take their foot off the gas to conserve energy. Whether the players subconsciously became more complacent or whether Bayern pressured and attacked Barca a lot more in the second half, Bayern were better on the night. Don't understand what you get from denying this fact. It's not a big deal because the 2nd half performance probably won't be repeated again, but it did show other teams how to make Barca's defence uncomfortable - use the wings and a CF to lob the ball forward to.

So he just subbed off Suarez and also switched to a double pivot to experiment then? :lucho:

I have no issue with us playing a more conservative/defensive approach. The big issue was that we executed it horrendously. If we're going to employ such tactics we should be comfortable doing it, which we obviously weren't yesterday.

Affiae

Have to defend the Bayern fasn there. Barca fans did that too, look at the first 20 minutes of the 1st leg at Camp Nou and large perods later in the game aswell, everyone was whistled.. Bayern fans did that mainly in the 2nd leg BECAUSE of the exact reason that they were upset that this happened in Barcelona. This is usually not a thing in germany to whistle the opponent, you only whistle divers or certain players that the fans are upset with for some reason. Never a whole team though, except maybe in some very agressive derbys.

Did you forget "WHO THE FUCK IS BARCELONA"? Almost the whole crowd chanted it in the season where Drogba ended everything for them. I haven't heard a similar thing in Camp Nou

StarLord

Did you forget "WHO THE FUCK IS BARCELONA"? Almost the whole crowd chanted it in the season where Drogba ended everything for them. I haven't heard a similar thing in Camp Nou

The club going for their 4th CL in 10 years. Everybody else is just sharing what is left. That's who.

skn02

Well, it's not about Bayern in particular. There's a difference between killing off a game and just turning off completely. A good defensive team like Chelsea can usually just conserve energy and shut down a game when they need to but it doesn't always work for a possession team like Barca, Bayern, Porto, etc who aren't used to it. Porto tried to park the bus in the second leg but couldn't pull it off. Otherwise you just pass to death until the final whistle, which also conserves energy. It's not supposed to be entertaining either.

Barca look(ed) really uncomfortable whenever they weren't attacking, which works of course when you have three beasts up front who seemingly can play 90 mins every weekend. But you sub one off or one gets injured and it can be a big problem. Being able to shut a game down when you need to is important.

I think Bayern in 2012-13 were the best example of knowing how to keep momentum going throughout a game and through a season.

Don't talk like that Bayern team in 2012-2013 were invincible, they lost 0-2 at home to arsenal, and couldn't even score a single goal to kill the tie completely like Barca had done in the first half. Barca scored 2 by the way, no need to harrass an ex coach that Barca love thorougly when we know we are already through barring the biggest collapse in football history.

StarLord

Don't talk like that Bayern team in 2012-2013 were invincible, they lost 0-2 at home to arsenal, and couldn't even score a single goal to kill the tie completely like Barca had done in the first half. Barca scored 2 by the way, no need to harrass an ex coach that Barca love thorougly when we know we are already through barring the biggest collapse in football history.

After beating Bayern 3-0, and then going 1-2 up on their own patch at HT with them needing 5 more goals in the 2nd half to go through, Bayern fans brag about how they made it uncomfortable for us. But do not mention to them, that Arsenal drew them on aggregate and needed only one more goal to go through in their absolutely unbeatable Jupp-season.

Affiae

After beating Bayern 3-0, and then going 1-2 up on their own patch at HT with them needing 5 more goals in the 2nd half to go through, Bayern fans brag about how they made it uncomfortable for us. But do not mention to them, that Arsenal drew them on aggregate and needed only one more goal to go through in their absolutely unbeatable Jupp-season.

I always bring this up. Works everytime.

StarLord

I always bring this up. Works everytime.

Well I am still waiting for a reply from Bayern fans over their multiple defeats at the hands of Arsenal/City in recent seasons. I am sure they just couldn't be bothered and had everything under control, even if the opponent only needed a single goal to do catastrophic damage in some cases. But when they need 5, it's Barca that are "uncomfortable".

For example how Thiago was sold to them for 25M, for example, when his buyout was 18M, I believe.

That is good I guess if true.

Home of Barca Fans