CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Icarium

Lifestealer
Bayern's defense was absolute shit. We scored a goal with just one or two passes. But bayern attacked a lot to score those 3 goals. We should't have let them attack but that would be too demanding and we might face consequences later. Having to play for the win at Alianz is really hard, you need lot of intensity and energy. I am glad we did not concede more goals, but i am sad that sitting back plan did not work effectively. Need more practice.

StarLord

Rather obvious, is it not? ;)
I find such apologetic conspiracy theories highly entertaining btw. Glad, most of you are not like that, sore losers even when you have actually won.

Bayern - Arsenal 0-2

Bayern - Arsenal 1-1

Man City - Bayern 2-0

Bayern - Man City 2-3

Man City - Bayern 3-2

Please a brief comment from you and the rest of the Bavarian contingent on the above results.

JackaL

I was actually surprised how easily Bayern was passing / dribbling through our defense already in the first half. I mean we broke their neck with one great Messi pass and another mistake of Benatia! Suarez was superbly unselfish and Neymar very clean in finishing. Yet, I think we gave Bayern too many opportunities. We were not only bad in the second half, we were also not as solid in the first half!

serghei

Bayern's defense was absolute shit. We scored a goal with just one or two passes.

Exactly. We carried counters in just 3 men (MSN), and for a large part of that first half we looked like we could score at ease. We kept MSN high up the pitch and they got the job done inside 30 min. Simple as that. At HT, we lost our edge and they scored 2 goals to seal a consolation win in front of their fans.

StarLord

Luis Enrique's post-match comments shows that Barca did not intentionally take their foot off the gas to conserve energy. Whether the players subconsciously became more complacent or whether Bayern pressured and attacked Barca a lot more in the second half, Bayern were better on the night. Don't understand what you get from denying this fact. It's not a big deal because the 2nd half performance probably won't be repeated again, but it did show other teams how to make Barca's defence uncomfortable - use the wings and a CF to lob the ball forward to.

1. I am not aware of what Lucho said after the game, but even if that was the spirit of his post-match comments, how do you know he was not just being respectful?

2. Yes, Bayern were far better on the night, no one said any different.

3. If the game:
it did show other teams how to make Barca's defence uncomfortable - use the wings and a CF to lob the ball forward to

then it must be a big deal. Since our kryptonite (according to you) has been obviously located. That is quite a big deal if it's the road to victory against the team with the far better results in the whole of Europe this year.

StarLord

Besides Madrid fans, pretty much United,Chelsea, City, Arsenal and Bayern fans are hoping for us to lose. Only Liverpool fans that I have seen hope we win. Mainly due to Suarez and Masch.

Like I said, in strategy, you want the strongest rival to lose. Almost everyone is jealous/fearful of us.

raskolnikov

Why would all fans want us to lose the cl? I get it if Juve reaches the final cause of teh underdog story but if its Madrid I dont get why people would prefer that scum over us. Not that I care of course, just curious.

Icarium

Lifestealer
United and Chelsea fans will support Real for obvious reasons (ronaldo and the rivalry btw chelsea and barca). We eliminated Psg and city twice in 3 years. Doubt they will support us. Some might and some might not. Only Bayern and Atletico fans might, if real goes through.

Leo_Messi

Who the hell cares what fans of other clubs support?

This generation of FCB players want to win their 4 CL-final and that's all that matters.

I

instinct

I have to say I was annoyed by the fact that when we had the ball, especially when Messi had the ball, Bayern fans were whistling and booing us. Not nice. Didn't even remember this happening at the Clasico.

Watch the 1st leg from last week again.

Home of Barca Fans