CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Welcome back suckabov, you are terribly missed! :)

And where is the media-twisting-things-around Bayern defense brigade now? :lol:

Just messing with you guys, no hard feelings. :cheers:

Last edited:

StarLord

For no reason whatsoever, he highlighted that Barca and Real are the only big clubs that are not CONTROLLED by big corporations, billionaires, or Arab money and belong only to the fans.

While that may be true, he forgot to mention the fact that both these clubs are still heavily in debt and Bayern are far from being CONTROLLED by any big corporation, in fact German legislation even generally prohibits any big corporation from CONTROLLING a football club (yes, I know there are exceptions, but definitely not in the case of Bayern).
Even putting Bayern, who are doing exceptionally smart business, in the same league as Shitty or PSG, is an outright insult, especially to Bayern's board.
That he even felt the need to bring it up right after the 2nd leg loss couldn't be more pathetic.

How heavily in debt are they? And why are you so bitter for a statement that is patently true?

Yannik

yes, he was interviewed by the "Handelsblatt" and claimed that Bayern was "controlled" by 4 sponsors. I am not sure wether Faus actually knows how investorships work in germany or what 50+1 actually means. He claimed that unlike Bayern, Barca and Madrid are the only clubs worldwide who would be "indipendent" but I dont know if "indipendent" means having together more than 1bn EUR debts and are reliant on banks and the government instead of companies. In that case I prefer the Bayern model, but the interview is however 3 weeks old and that was before they even got drawn against Bayern, so its probably not a real dig at them.

Last edited:

DennyCrane

Yep, he was interviewed by Handelsblatt, link: http://www.handelsblatt.com/sport/f...vom-konzern-kontrolliert-werden/11764170.html (3 pages)

As I said, he was asked whether Bayern were a role model for Barcelona and replied with that remark.

Typical clickbait gargabe. Faus is completely correct by the way; Audi, Adidas and Allianz are all international corporate groups which are combined! 25 % shareholders of Bayern AG. Controlling what an AG does is literally their right by law. Too bad Handelsblatt spins this sentence into "corporate groups control the club".

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Except that the interview was published before the game, yesterday morning. :blush:

And how did he forget to mention the fact that Barcelona are still in debt? The first three question of the interview were about Barcelona's financial situation and development wrt debts, and the last part of the interview was about the club's business plan including the aim to be debtfree by 2025.

And he didn't bring Bayern up out of nowhere, but because he was asked whether he felt "envious" of Bayern's situation, which he denied with that reason, however (il)logical it may be.

Faus is an idiot and most of us want him & the rest gone, but your summary of the interview is way too dramatic, as are the "ridiculing Bayern" headlines.

Ah, darn media. Leaving out some details, as always.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
yes, he was interviewed by the "Handelsblatt" and claimed that Bayern was "controlled" by 4 sponsors. I am not sure wether Faus actually knows how investorships work in germany or what 50+1 actually means. He claimed that unlike Bayern, Barca and Madrid are the only clubs worldwide who would be "indipendent" but I dont know if "indipendent" means having together more than 1bn EUR debts and are reliant on banks and the government instead of companies. In that case I prefer the Bayern model, but the interview is however 3 weeks old and that was before they even got drawn against Bayern, so its probably not a real dig at them.

It is all matter of preference and let's not delve into the world of finance. Still, the timing of the TZ article is just tell-tale, isn't it?

And to me the question asked by the reporter is just silly. What do you expect him to say? Yes Bayern is a model for us, we have a lot of debt and we should learn from Bayern? Of course he is not going to say that.

StarLord

Typical clickbait gargabe. Faus is completely correct by the way; Audi, Adidas and Allianz are all international corporate groups which are combined! 25 % shareholders of Bayern AG. Controlling what an AG does is literally their right by law. Too bad Handelsblatt spins this sentence into "corporate groups control the club".

So it's not one corporation controlling Bayern, but 3.

OK.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Depends on what he said originally before it was translated now, doesn't it? Or do you KNOW that they mistranslated his orginal sentence for sure?

DennyCrane

Depends on what he said originally before it was translated now, doesn't it? Or do you KNOW that they mistranslated his orginal sentence for sure?

Faus knows that shareholders supervise an AG/PLC, this is a complete nobrainer. No matter how he worded it, the journalist knew what he meant and translated it as "kontrollieren". Which isn't completely wrong, but deliberately misleading. Supervision is correctly translated as "Aufsicht". And that, again, is what the representatives of these corporate groups are there to do.
The mistranslation is deliberate, probably because "Ich möchte nicht von Konzern(vertretern) beaufsichtigt werden" would just not have been bitchy enough for this particular journalist.

Home of Barca Fans