CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

R

Ryu Hayabusa

For no reason whatsoever, he highlighted that Barca and Real are the only big clubs that are not CONTROLLED by big corporations, billionaires, or Arab money and belong only to the fans.

While that may be true, he forgot to mention the fact that both these clubs are still heavily in debt and Bayern are far from being CONTROLLED by any big corporation, in fact German legislation even generally prohibits any big corporation from CONTROLLING a football club (yes, I know there are exceptions, but definitely not in the case of Bayern).
Even putting Bayern, who are doing exceptionally smart business, in the same league as Shitty or PSG, is an outright insult, especially to Bayern's board.
That he even felt the need to bring it up right after the 2nd leg loss couldn't be more pathetic.

Alarcón

For no reason whatsoever, he highlighted that Barca and Real are the only big clubs that are not CONTROLLED by big corporations, billionaires, or Arab money and belong only to the fans.

While that may be true, he forgot to mention the fact that both these clubs are still heavily in debt and Bayern are far from being CONTROLLED by any big corporation, in fact German legislation even generally prohibits any big corporation from CONTROLLING a football club (yes, I know there are exceptions, but definitely not in the case of Bayern).
Even putting Bayern, who are doing exceptionally smart business, in the same league as Shitty or PSG, is an outright insult, especially to Bayern's board.
That he even felt the need to bring it up right after the 2nd leg loss couldn't be more pathetic.

oh ok

was it Faus? he can't help it

R

Ryu Hayabusa

But that season we really had problems in the group stages. A lot seem only to remember the end of the year - but until February it was more a year to fight the daemons of the former year. We had problems away in the season before that and whenever we did not lead early on the match we went down in the second and could not comeback.

To this day, I still believe it had quite a bit to do with the presence of Kroos over Robben in midfield. But we know how things went after Kroos got injured... (and Jupp was forced into retirement because of Pep).

Did you forget "WHO THE FUCK IS BARCELONA"? Almost the whole crowd chanted it in the season where Drogba ended everything for them. I haven't heard a similar thing in Camp Nou

Do you know that this song actually appreciates your club more than anything?
You were the benchmark for all the other clubs with your play.

But it is not about Barcelona - I heard the crowd sing that when the Bayern team was playing very good - in other matches than against Barcelona...

And it is just fan chants... - it is the usual group behaviour. You sing for your group - and "belittle" the other.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

Do you know that this song actually appreciates your club more than anything?
You were the benchmark for all the other clubs.

But it is not about Barcelona - I heard the crowd sing that when the Bayern team was playing very good - in other matches than against Barcelona...

While I still insist that I never ever heard this chant in either Allianz Arena or Olympiastadion, I agree with your interpretation.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Hahahaha, come on Ryu. I am sure it wasn't directed at Bayern. Even if it was, this by no means is more "pathetic" than what some of folks associated with Bayern had said about us.

I am sure it wasn't directed at Bayern. Source by the way?

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Hahahaha, come on Ryu. I am sure it wasn't directed at Bayern. Even if it was, this by no means is more "pathetic" than what some of folks associated with Bayern had said about us.

I am sure it wasn't directed at Bayern. Source by the way?

spox.com

ofc it was directed against Bayern. Why would he bring up corporations first and say that right after the second leg?

suckabov

Lemon curry?

Except that the interview was published before the game, yesterday morning. :blush:

And how did he forget to mention the fact that Barcelona are still in debt? The first three question of the interview were about Barcelona's financial situation and development wrt debts, and the last part of the interview was about the club's business plan including the aim to be debtfree by 2025.

And he didn't bring Bayern up out of nowhere, but because he was asked whether he felt "envious" of Bayern's situation, which he denied with that reason, however (il)logical it may be.

Faus is an idiot and most of us want him & the rest gone, but your summary of the interview is way too dramatic, as are the "ridiculing Bayern" headlines.

Last edited:

jairzinho

:lucho:I have to confess I am one of those who wanted us to qualify in style in the most perfect of ways. Which of course involved deating bayern comprehensively in the Allianz and ending the knockout stages with an impeccable record. But in hindsight, the most important thing is we are going to berlin without suspensions. And without injury problems aswell. We're on the verge of the treble and it hasn't kicked in as yet.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Aha, found it on none other than Munich's very own TZ (they just wanted to spice things up, don't they?), and the timing of the article is just perfect, isn't it? ;) Where did the German media get what he said by the way? Googled "Faus Bayern", the only thing I found was from German media, none from Spanish and English media as far as what I can see.

http://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/fc...er-faus-barcelona-verhoehnt-roten-5004291.htm

By the way, Ryu, I googled translated the article the the specific part came out as "we have no multinational corporations in the background such as Bayern Munich", not sure if the "controlled" thing you mentioned was lost in translation or what? What he said is not untrue, is it? The fact of the matter is, Bayern does have those corporations as shareholders while Barca and Real Madrid do not.

Not sure why he made the above comments and why he was taking a dig at Bayern. Was he interviewed by the German media?

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Aha, found it on none other than Munich's very own TZ (they just wanted to spice things up, don't they?), and the timing of the article is just perfect, isn't it? ;) Where did the German media get what he said by the way? Googled "Faus Bayern", the only thing I found was from German media, none from Spanish and English media as far as what I can see.

http://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/fc...er-faus-barcelona-verhoehnt-roten-5004291.htm

By the way, Ryu, I googled translated the article the the specific part came out as "we have no multinational corporations in the background such as Bayern Munich", not sure if the "controlled" thing you mentioned was lost in translation or what? What he said is not untrue, is it? The fact of the matter is, Bayern does have those corporations as shareholders while Barca and Real Madrid do not.

Not sure why he made the above comments and why he was taking a dig at Bayern. Was he interviewed by the German media?

Yep, he was interviewed by Handelsblatt, link: http://www.handelsblatt.com/sport/f...vom-konzern-kontrolliert-werden/11764170.html (3 pages)

As I said, he was asked whether Bayern were a role model for Barcelona and replied with that remark.

Home of Barca Fans