CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
After beating Bayern 3-0, and then going 1-2 up on their own patch at HT with them needing 5 more goals in the 2nd half to go through, Bayern fans brag about how they made it uncomfortable for us. But do not mention to them, that Arsenal drew them on aggregate and needed only one more goal to go through in their absolutely unbeatable Jupp-season.

Who gives a damn about Bayern? To hell with Bayern.

This is not about bragging rights of the fans. They can brag all they want and it doesn't hurt us. This is about us. The point is, playing against elite teams or not (even La Liga teams such as Malaga etc.), we must not be as vulnerable as we showed yesterday. Maybe we did take the foot off the gas, maybe we were truly outplayed. Either way I don't want it to happen again. As much as I feel good to have MAtS and Bravo making those saves for us, we can't always count on them to save our butt every time.

Anyway, we need to strengthen our midfield big time next season please.

skn02

Well I am still waiting for a reply from Bayern fans over their multiple defeats at the hands of Arsenal/City in recent seasons. I am sure they just couldn't be bothered and had everything under control, even if the opponent only needed a single goal to do catastrophic damage in some cases. But when they need 5, it's Barca that are "uncomfortable".

That is good I guess if true.

5 goals in a half time, only 45 min. Dont think any big teams in the world has ever conceded 5 goals in half time in their entire history, let alone Barcelona. Barcelona had every reason to take it easy and try to kill the game off by slowing down everything, Bayern just never gave up, so good for them.

Yannik

Did you forget "WHO THE FUCK IS BARCELONA"? Almost the whole crowd chanted it in the season where Drogba ended everything for them. I haven't heard a similar thing in Camp Nou

havent heard of this chant, all i know is that they didnt play against Barcelona in that year, can you provide some video material to that chant? Because i dont remember it or havent heard of that. And no, I also havent heard of something like that in the Camp Nou either (despite Eto'o celebrating with the crowd with some "Madrid cabron"-chants), but I do not hear that much chants at Camp Nou anyway, no offense.

Last edited:

mehdimike

But do not mention to them, that Arsenal drew them on aggregate and needed only one more goal to go through in their absolutely unbeatable Jupp-season.

Actually there is no absolutely unbeatable X-season.

Even Barca in 2009 and 2011 lost 1 game.

And the same Arsenal could eliminate Barca in 2011 and suddenly that famous Red card happened:)I don't want to say that barca won unfair,just saying that 1 or 2 bad games in a whole UCL tournament is understandable.After all the level of the teams are high enough to be suffered.

My last point is that 2013Bayern won Against Arsenal(1game) ,Juventus(Double),Barca(Double),and Dortmund(IMHO their hardest opponent) in final.
Scored 16 Recived 3 and 4 Clean sheets in 7 knock out phases.
Not bad:)

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Please leave it there.
First, Bayern played their best game since several weeks and had so many chances that it could have become really close. Second, you can hardly laugh at someone for being upset after his/her team got eliminated in the CL.
Actually Ryu is completely calm by his standards.
Haha... :p I guess. ;)

Well, yesterday, I even congratulated you Barca fans for an entertaining tie and wished the best of luck for the final, especially since it is against Shitdrid most likely and even in my home city.

But seeing how mostly today, some of you try to downplay Bayern's performance yesterday and belittle us even more than those individuals already did in the past, I felt a chosen few stronger, yet still diplomatic words were necessary. :p

R

Ryu Hayabusa

And the same Arsenal could eliminate Barca in 2011 and suddenly that famous Red card happened:)I don't want to say that barca won unfair,just saying that 1 or 2 bad games in a whole UCL tournament is understandable.After all the level of the teams are high enough to be suffered.

My last point is that 2013Bayern won Against Arsenal(1game) ,Juventus(Double),Barca(Double),and Dortmund(IMHO their hardest opponent) in final.

one of those even being a penalty (thanks to a Dante brainfart) :p

M

monamou

Bayern put in a great performance yesterday, as expected of such a team with Guardiola as coach and at home. They saved their faces with winning the game and good for 'em but it's Barca who's booking the ticket to Berlin. :D

R

Ryu Hayabusa

What "nice" relations are you referring to?

It was mostly "nice" relations between the club bosses previous to Barca's current board.
After reading what your vice president said today, I seriously doubt there is much left of those better than average relations.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Jeez people continue to over-analyze this game :facepalm: Why can't they take the aggregate result and move on....

It's OK to say Bayern played the better game, while at the same time knowing Barca dropped their intensity in the 2nd half with the tie done and dusted. That's not blaspheme you know.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

havent heard of this chant, all i know is that they didnt play against Barcelona in that year, can you provide some video material to that chant? Because i dont remember it or havent heard of that. And no, I also havent heard of something like that in the Camp Nou either (despite Eto'o celebrating with the crowd with some "Madrid cabron"-chants), but I do not hear that much chants at Camp Nou anyway, no offense.

Of course he can't, cause it never happened. I watched all Bayern CL matches in like forever, and I never heard this alleged chant either.

But that season we really had problems in the group stages. A lot seem only to remember the end of the year - but until February it was more a year to fight the daemons of the former year. We had problems away in the season before that and whenever we did not lead early on the match we went down in the second and could not comeback.

We won 2:0 at home against Valencia, 6:1 against Lille at home - but we could only scrap a goal with a penalty against Lille away and lost 1:3 in Bate. Even if Valencia was down with 10 men they still led 1:0 and Müller equalised in the late minutes away. And at home against Bate we led 1:0 when Boateng got a red card - but again Müller scored 2 minutes later and after that we shipped the match and group win home.

Home of Barca Fans