10 La Masia products to watch by FCBarca

dalitis8

Banned
Bartra looks promising,also that 16 year old blonde kid...

Furthermore,Thiago and Romeu(which you did not include) may as well prove to be something. As for JDS,when I saw him with the first team...he did not show anything special,but his time was quite limited...as for the rest of them...I wouldn't know...we will have to wait and see...but it would be one hell of a thing if we keep bringing up world class players from our Academy...

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Two I'm most looking forward to seeing in the 1st Team 10/11 are Thiago and Muniesa though I think Thiago will get more games...

Tomchin

Yeah, hope so...I think it's the first Barca youngster I've seen in several years now that looks a bit different, in makeup, to the usual La Masia products...There's definitely a bit of 'Me, me, me' in him that I haven't seen much of from La Masia, tbh
Isn't Thiago a little bit prone to that as well? I remember having seen a video-clip of Thiago, where his coaches said that he's one of the most talented players around, but that he still has to learn to play more for the team (rather than playing for himself).

Also, Gio Dos Santos and Gai weren't that humble either imho (or maybe that was just the bad influence of their agent Pini Zahavi)

Barcafan 2304

Thiago, Muniesa and JDS are on the brink I think but i hope they are brought through and a nice, measured pace and allowed to work there way into the side

Jaguar

Flair Trait
You know, I have this feeling that Thiago might explode onto the scene this season kinda like Messi did!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Isn't Thiago a little bit prone to that as well? I remember having seen a video-clip of Thiago, where his coaches said that he's one of the most talented players around, but that he still has to learn to play more for the team (rather than playing for himself).

Also, Gio Dos Santos and Gai weren't that humble either imho (or maybe that was just the bad influence of their agent Pini Zahavi)

From what I've seen of Thiago, I wouldn't say that really...Gerard, yes, but not Thiago

Zahavi is a clown, no coincidence, perhaps, that neither player are here anymore

Fontàstic

EMD is reporting that both Thiago & Fontàs will be promoted to the first team in January :hooray:

Yeah, very exciting. However, I still hope that Pep will give Jonathan more time on the pitch, because otherwise I fear that he might leave this summer. He's been really good with the B-squad and I think he could have a bright future. Fontàs would be cool - he did well against Ceuta.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'd love to see JDS promoted too but only when he's ready...Reading recently on Xavi & Iniesta's development at the club, I was reminded of how long it took some of the Masia products to actually feature for the first team...It's only in the last few years that a jump has occurred so quickly it seems

And, for me, JDS hasn't looked quite ready enough - especially in preseason...Which is saying something since he has been my favorite Masia player over the last year or so (Along with Fontàs)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
EMD is reporting that both Thiago & Fontàs will be promoted to the first team in January :hooray:

Great news!

Yeah, very exciting. However, I still hope that Pep will give Jonathan more time on the pitch, because otherwise I fear that he might leave this summer. He's been really good with the B-squad and I think he could have a bright future. Fontàs would be cool - he did well against Ceuta.

Agreed. Not playing JDS vs. Ceuta/giving him garbage time was such a shame. It was Secunda B team for heavens sake.

Home of Barca Fans