Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJJ

No manager can come in and create magic in 2 weeks. If Pep or Klopp came in now, they wouldn't be able to rescue us from CL exit.
I think the players like Xavi on a personal level but have no idea what he wants on the pitch. Those defensive errors are the worst I've seen at the club. Even in our shittiest days I've never seen us concede so many goals.

Neeraj

Once again blames 'defensive mistakes'. Has he EVER said anything about the teams shape and tactics aka his own performance? Aside from that Madrid game where he briefly mentioned something, I don't think I've ever seen a manager continously blame the players like this... Ever.

Sure every goal you can point to some defensive mistake. But aside from thr Cubarsi error, there wasn't any one single massive fuck up as such that you might say 'okay that's a blunder' in yesterday's goals conceded. They were just normal goals with poor defence overall yes.

Iniesta Ultra

How are you gonna judge him until June ?
He'll have 1001 excuses, so no way to tell a good from a bad one

Look how Postecoglu transformed Tott immediately, granted with a pre-season. Even if he had come in as an interim mid-season it's obvious the improved quality of play would've been apparent from first match.

We have talented players, they just need a coach like him who plays anti-gimpball.

Andresito

Staff member
Xavi: "I put money out of my pocket to come train at the club of my life. I also rejected an offer from Milan. I have always prioritized Barça ahead of myself."

You think he'll be back in the future, after a getting a bit more experience? Say in 5-10 years.
Or maybe he's one of those who retire early. I honestly have a hard time seeing him succeeding with another top club. Can see him winning Europa League though.

soul24rage

Xavi should go to Liverpool and gain some managerial experience there.

After he gets all the experience that he needs and try out new things, he should try out a Serie A club.

Once he does that, we'll see if he has what it takes to get Barca to the top level.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Xavi: "I put money out of my pocket to come train at the club of my life. I also rejected an offer from Milan. I have always prioritized Barça ahead of myself."

You think he'll be back in the future, after a getting a bit more experience? Say in 5-10 years.
Or maybe he's one of those who retire early. I honestly have a hard time seeing him succeeding with another top club. Can see him winning Europa League though.

Definitely he will come back, think atm he is an average coach with a lot of potential. He just needs to collect some experience in other europe clubs and in 10 years maybe he will have enough knowledge and hopefully a better assistant coach than Oscar to coach Barca

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Never say never, but he has to improve his attitude and mentality.

Way too much whining, acting like a victim in the media. I understand his frustration because the media is a shitshow and every manager from
Pep, Lucho and others have alluded to the same when they left, but Xavi need to learn to control his emotions.
Also need to go and be an assistant for some years or go to a mid-table German or Italian side perhaps. He need to learn and he need experience.

Need to look at his staff as well who are full of losers.

Windhook

I could envision Xavi managing an EPL side without a problem, the lower reputation clubs. He has the CV now, and fluency in English. Tons of average managers from La Liga already manage/ed clubs in England numerous times, like Lopetegui and the eternal Espiritu Santo. Xavi is not worse manager than the rest, it's just the big fan drama that Barca tried with crippled finances and some desperate/veteran signings to show muscles in European competitions. It never works on the big stage.

One thing I cannot deny on Xavi is his ability to inspire the young kids at La Masia. He's walked all that way up in his playing career. The kids have been performing beyond words for their age. The development of Lamine, in particular, in the last 6 months has been incredible. One of the blessings of the financial crisis at Barca was to focus on La Masia like never before.

Joan

Weirder things have happened but hard to see him growing enough as a coach to successfully manage a top side. Might come back if we continue to regress and become a mediocre club with no ambition.

Atm he's full of himself. Not an ideal candidate for learning.

BJJ

He needs to learn from scratch. Become an assistant coach and than slowly work his way up. Xabi Alonso and Thiago Motta are doing it the right way. I still think both need another year before they manage big clubs but they have chosen the right path.

Porque

He needs to learn from scratch. Become an assistant coach and than slowly work his way up. Xabi Alonso and Thiago Motta are doing it the right way. I still think both need another year before they manage big clubs but they have chosen the right path.

Not anymore. He has surpassed being an assistant with his experience in his Barca term.

Best thing for him would be to improve his management team for his next term though.

Better physical staff, his brother exiting as assistant. That would be my assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans