Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sailor Mars

The defence is shambolic, a far cry from last season. Xavi's inability to get this team to stop conceding so much with essentially the same personnel (bar Busquets moving on) just shows that he's out of his depth.

ajnotkeith

Interviewer : What are your thoughts on Deco's words on the change of style? (Deco said in a interview that the club needed a new vision and model for the future)

Xavi: "Where did he say that? He doesn't say that to me. He tells me that he believes in the Barça DNA and style. I can't say anything else."

Is it just me that's confused by the way he speaks? He talks as if he's still going to be here for years. If Deco wanted a new model what has it got to do with Xavi, if he's leaving in a few months? He doesn't need to communicate anything about the future to Xavi as he isnt managing the club after this season.

Just seems more and more this "leaving at the end of the season" was likely his plan to try and buy time before being sacked and he doesn't actually want to leave, as many have mentioned.

ajnotkeith

If Cruyff and Pep are what you associate with 'Barca DNA' then Xavi is more Anti-Barca than anything else.
I think Xavi does try to implement it at times and you can see how obsessed he is with "positional play", that's the problem, it almost seems like players are just cones at times and brick walls that pass off each other.
He doesn't know how to coach a possession focused system but tries to. And it leads to this mess you see today where the players don't seem to know what is going on in the pitch.

I'm confident in the feeling that his good patches here were flukes, after his wing play system was adapted to late last year he has come up with no answers.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think Xavi does try to implement it at times and you can see how obsessed he is with "positional play", that's the problem, it almost seems like players are just cones at times and brick walls that pass off each other.
He doesn't know how to coach a possession focused system but tries to. And it leads to this mess you see today where the players don't seem to know what is going on in the pitch.

I'm confident in the feeling that his good patches here were flukes, after his wing play system was adapted to late last year he has come up with no answers.

Cannot even get the positional play part right consistently.

I said it in another thread: He's definitely a dogshit teacher.

The best or at least good managers/coaches are great teachers being able to properly explain & teach, set in place and execute plans and tactics to their players.
For all we know Xavi might be really clever tactically, but completely unable to coach it. Having a coaching staff full of guys even less experienced that him probably doesn't help.

BJJ

His biggest problem is he's delusional and egotistical.
He should have paid his dues but wanted to take the express route. Could have easily become assistant coach to Arteta, Lucho or Pep but wants to be the main man. Could have easily taken on the job at a mid table liga team or Barca B but belittled it.
Xavi should blame himself and noone else.

khaled_a_d

If Cruyff and Pep are what you associate with 'Barca DNA' then Xavi is more Anti-Barca than anything else.

Currently Barca DNA are mostly a way to say how the club favours in house choices rather than hiring from outside.
Xavi would love that to continue, otherwise the likes of Busquets, Marquez etc won't get a big job anytime soon.

Messigician

This Catalan cat didn’t leave out of principle or some other bs

He did that more to buy himself some time so he wouldn’t get sacked as he knew the writing was on the wall

I have to admit he fooled even me, Xavier Bin Laden is smarter than I gave him credit for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans