Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinni

Xavi's proven without falter for an entire year now he's incompetent. Unless he shows a miraculous awakening and dissolution of psychopathic narcissistic ego before winter break, which I've posted before can only occur with an ayahuasca ceremony, he needs to be fired.

If i remember right Xavi likes to pick mushrooms and solid dose of magic mushrooms can do the trick as well. That said, no point changing coach now. Give him the year and lets see where we are in the spring. No point going freaking out when we have noone lined up to replace him. New projects do need time and stability

Iniesta Ultra

If i remember right Xavi likes to pick mushrooms and solid dose of magic mushrooms can do the trick as well. That said, no point changing coach now. Give him the year and lets see where we are in the spring. No point going freaking out when we have noone lined up to replace him. New projects do need time and stability

Incorrect, he's forcing a low IQ gimp culture and another half season will make the rebuild afterwards even more difficult. An interim manager starting winter break's the least worst option.

Richard.H

As a coach, he's a rookie. Outmanaged this year in the CL and last year as well, not just in the Bayern matches.

Bayern is useful though as a yardstick. Every once in a while, they show up to ask crucial questions about the team. Failing to answer them indicates whether the team is competitive or not.

I haven't seen you post here in a while. Welcome back DennyCrane!

Sailor Mars

Do not mind Xavi spending money in the winter as long as the targets are Okayed by the sporting department as well and they are long-term type players like Kounde or Lewandowski (top class players that can play under pretty much any manager).

But it's tougher to get those type of players in the Winter Market but maybe this World Cup's timing changes the approach from selling clubs.

malvolio

Do not mind Xavi spending money in the winter as long as the targets are Okayed by the sporting department as well and they are long-term type players like Kounde or Lewandowski (top class players that can play under pretty much any manager).

But it's tougher to get those type of players in the Winter Market but maybe this World Cup's timing changes the approach from selling clubs.

They'll sell for inflated fees based on WC performances. So not ideal for us. Maybe Pep has some reserve player he wants to get rid off.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

How is an almost finished Lewa long-term? Shiiiit... Lewa would be an ok signing if our squad was balanced and we needed a top notch 9 - but almost no part of our team is balanced. All of our midfield, including Pedri, is shit - both our wingback are shit and our wingers are shit - we're pretty much shit all over the pitch. At least not Barca standard.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
��Xavi Simons (PSV player): "Believe me, at Barca they don't do much work in the gym, they work with the ball, but not in the gym. When I arrived at PSG I found the differences... At PSG they worked in the gym."

Been 3 years since he's been at Barcelona. Still though, been saying this for years and probably still a big factor on how Bayern dominated us physically.

Barcilliant

��Xavi Simons (PSV player): "Believe me, at Barca they don't do much work in the gym, they work with the ball, but not in the gym. When I arrived at PSG I found the differences... At PSG they worked in the gym."

Been 3 years since he's been at Barcelona. Still though, been saying this for years and probably still a big factor on how Bayern dominated us physically.

It's been obvious for years now but club still living 8n the past. Unless the club culture changes we will regress even further. That dumbass Laporta and his cronies don't realise this.

Barcilliant

If Laporta had half a brain and any balls he would have fired Xavi after the Bayern defeat.
I cannot understand fans who say Xavi needs time, this is a long term "project", squad is shit, we had injuries etc
Bottom line at a big club you have to deliver. Especially as a manager. If you're a player you may have a little more leeway but as a manager you need results asap.
Whether it's the quality of football or results Xavi has failed to deliver. Laporta gave him almost everything despite our finances and this stubborn fool has not delivered.
The worst thing is there are no rumours of him being sacked.

Barcilliant

Alonso could be a top manager but he won't come to Barca. He's a Madrid man.
Board is planning on spending in January too. It's bad enough that Barto fucked us but it looks like Xavi is going to follow in his footsteps too.

gregorrin10

If Laporta had half a brain and any balls he would have fired Xavi after the Bayern defeat.
I cannot understand fans who say Xavi needs time, this is a long term "project", squad is shit, we had injuries etc
Bottom line at a big club you have to deliver. Especially as a manager. If you're a player you may have a little more leeway but as a manager you need results asap.
Whether it's the quality of football or results Xavi has failed to deliver. Laporta gave him almost everything despite our finances and this stubborn fool has not delivered.
The worst thing is there are no rumours of him being sacked.

He will get until the end of the season at least, surely. Could be what JamDav said. It will all depend if he can win either La Liga or EL. In case he does, he's 100% staying. In case he doesn't, it could be that he even walks away himself, especially if the dull gameplay will also continue. At least I hope he'll have enough balls to walk away, like he did as a player, as soon as he saw that he was/would be doing more harm than good by staying. Not sure Laporta will be brave enough to sack him, even if we end up trophyless.

But if we do change managers, what's the plan then? Arteta would be my top pick, if we can lure him away from his Arsenal project. He truly is turning into a mini Pep (attractive play style wise), just needs a top team to show it (titles wise). So glad that Arsenal have stuck with him, I remember a time when the majority of their fan base also wanted Arteta out after his rough start. Those fans must feel pretty stupid right now. He really benefited from those years at City with Pep, and it shows. No better preparation before his solo manager career took off. I'm also very interested to see how Xabi Alonso does at Leverkusen, I reckon he could turn into a top manager with time, always had that feeling with him. But obviously way too early for him now, he needs at least 3 good years elsewhere before I'd be willing to even put him on our shortlist. And obviously he's a Madrid legend, so don't know if there's even a realistic chance for interest of working together, from both sides. Much more possible that he actually replaces Ancelotti in a couple of years actually, if he impresses at Leverkusen.

Obviously there are other, non Spanish (out of the box) options, but I really don't see anyone exceptional available right now. Tuchel (even though a top manager and currently available) is way too defensive for my (and Barca) taste after his stint at Chelsea. I admit I didn't watch how Mainz and Dortmund played, when he was managing them. I don't see Flick coming back to club football, especially not outside of Germany. As I remember HE was Laporta's top choice in his presidential campaign. Maybe if Laporta took a gamble on Gallardo, could turn out very well. Even though just the thought of it gives me unpleasant Tata flash backs, even though I know the club leadership is totally different and better now, and Gallardo is actually a highly accomplished manager (actually highest in South America and a proven winner there with multiple Libertadores titles), unlike Tata was, when we sprung him out of there. In any case, also very interested to see Gallardo and where his path will take him, cause I'm pretty sure he will be coming to the top 5 leagues in the next 12 or even 6 months, considering the season his (highly successful) episode at River is ending in 2 months (already confirmed). I actually thought he might take over Aston Villa, before they went with Emery. Maybe Gallardo won't go to the PL after all, at least I hope not. Tired of all the best managers going and ending up there. Being South American and coming from coaching there, he'd actually be the perfect fit in La Liga, I think.

Barcilliant

Even if we win La Liga,it it such a big achievement??
Only Madrid have made it to the round of 16. FFS haven't Club Brugge qualified for the round of 16?!
La liga is behind EPL,Serie A and Bundesliga. Hell, it may be worse than the French league.

YET clowns here act like winning the league would be a big achievement here. We beat two of the stronger sides 3 and 4 zip and then Bayern toy with us at Camp Nou.
I'm sorry to say but winning the league will prove nothing. It won't hold us in good stead in Europe and it will only prolong our agony with Xavi at the helm.

Mark my words.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
He's 2nd in La Liga & was kinda robbed against Inter? Don't think it's that bad & also under insane pressure because of the finances & the need to do well (even moreso than usual)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans