Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

jairzinho

JoanFontes -

After the Inter game, part of the Barca board wanted to hold an emergency meeting on October 25, with the intention being to sack Xavi if he did not gain 6 points against Villarreal and Bilbao.

Failing to get out of the CL group should have also been an automatic sack.

Sailor Mars

How is an almost finished Lewa long-term? Shiiiit... Lewa would be an ok signing if our squad was balanced and we needed a top notch 9 - but almost no part of our team is balanced. All of our midfield, including Pedri, is shit - both our wingback are shit and our wingers are shit - we're pretty much shit all over the pitch. At least not Barca standard.

Lewa is a long-term signing. 4 year contract to be the undisputed starter is long-term. Most team cycles last around that length of years.

khaled_a_d

��Xavi Simons (PSV player): "Believe me, at Barca they don't do much work in the gym, they work with the ball, but not in the gym. When I arrived at PSG I found the differences... At PSG they worked in the gym."

Been 3 years since he's been at Barcelona. Still though, been saying this for years and probably still a big factor on how Bayern dominated us physically.

Simmons was 15 when he played his last season here.
Is youngsters at the age of 15 or younger supposed to do so much gym work?
I think there is huge difference in gym load for a 12-15 years old kid, and 16-18 years old one in any club.

Nazario1985

Brace yourself he's here for a long time.

Just like some people here thinking a rebuild should take years and years like a science project ...

Xavi is going to learn the basics of coaching with the club.

delancey

Yeah, it's outrageous to expect us to give him a full season :lol:

Well, after spending 153m euro on some of the best players in the world, in addition to factoring in the already talented squad we have, getting eliminated from the group stage in the CL by freaking Inter is a sackable offense.

But let us see how we play in the EL. I bet we will get eliminated there too. Actually, I wonder if one can bet money on us getting eliminated (not that I would), for I am absolutely certain that our tactics are not up to the challenge, ie pass the ball to a winger who is hugging the touchline, said player making a run for it in hopes of beating two defenders who expect the move, pass the ball in front of goal and praying for the best, inshallah. :lol:

Last edited:

JamDav1982

'Giving him a full season' doesnt quite tell the story.

He was coach since October in the previous season and no coach at a top club will get 7 months of one season and full next season just to see if he performs.

Xavi should be under pressure and many coaches at Barca would be gone by now if had been knocked out of CL failing to beat Benfica, knocked out of EL by Frankfurt, knocked out of Spanish Cup to Bilbao, knocked out Super Cup semi to Real. Then next season begins and out of CL by game 4 after being given 200m+ to spend in the summer and have huge say on who comes in.

He is making the same mistakes week after week and all with a terrible one dimensional style of play that cant be what majority want to see from Barca.

If Barca fall behind in league and/or fail in EL he should be gone and not kept just because he 'needs a full season'.

Gnidrologist

Haven't followed the football talk here lately, because it's just depressing. Don't know who's more guilty, Xavi or our mediocre players, or the combination of them. Bayern dealt with us in "toying around" regime. They totally controlled the scenario from start to finish just like peak Barca used to do. Even imo mediocre coach like Nagelsman totally got our number, because we are so weak at all fronts. :(

mc_lovin

'Giving him a full season' doesnt quite tell the story.

Neither does 'everything is shit and miserable'.

We have a good League season to cling on for now (despite La Liga being rather bad atm). Assess at the end, if Xavi doesn't produce titles or we have other shocking results kick him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans