Seydou Keita

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
:lol: @ the hate... He battled well. We'd have been prone to lot more counter attacks if it weren't for him.

Starting Keiteee was probably for good but shouldn't have started Iniesta out wide. Cuenca would have been good

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He wasn't supposed to be part of the attack really, regardless he did rush forward plenty of times, but the ball was just not getting there... He was in the pitch for a tactical reason, and he did that job well... Regarding the lost balls in midfield, he has no excuse he should have done better in those... Average performance...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Even with Keiteee in middle(which I believe proved to be a right decision, he played well. provided steel in the middle) Pep should have played Cuenca instead of Ineista...

I know Ineista >>>> Cuenca, but hell Iniesta can't do things as good as Cuenca can in his natural position! Cuenca would help posession too as well as providing threat from the wings. Iniesta's shots were horrendous and he didn't offer no width at all. And the LF providing the width was so important in this match especially because we had Puyi playing LB!!

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he was there to protect Puyol who is hopelessly out of his depth against a team with any sort of pace and width. he did that job well.

hopefully Adriano is fit for the second leg so he doesn't have to play to protect Capi.

dalitis8

Banned
What Puyol did he protect? Remind me please of one solid defensive intervention of Keita's today? There was none. Nothing going forwards, nothing defensively.

Keita did not do anything other than surrendering the ball today, how can anyone say otherwise is baffling.

mateopol

Useless yesterday. Pep's Keita love and mancrush on him cost us again. First was vs Inter, when Yaya warmed the bench and useless Malian played 90 minutes, then vs Arsenal at Emirates - Masche warming the bench, Villa off, humble but useless Keita in. He may be humble person but he is not good enough to play for Barca at UCL level, let alone start away game at San Siro. People were moaning that Pep will play Iniesta as winger in this game to accomodate Cesc. Guess what? He put Keita in midfield :lol: Very bad result, I got a feeling return leg will end 1-1 and Milan go through. But who cares about results and cups? Humble Keita played 90 minutes and Pep is very happy.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
he was there to protect Puyol who is hopelessly out of his depth against a team with any sort of pace and width. he did that job well.

hopefully Adriano is fit for the second leg so he doesn't have to play to protect Capi.

Yup, Puyol was not at his best today and Keita saved him a couple of times.

What Puyol did he protect? Remind me please of one solid defensive intervention of Keita's today? There was none. Nothing going forwards, nothing defensively.

Keita did not do anything other than surrendering the ball today, how can anyone say otherwise is baffling.

Your love for Cesc and hate for Keita is just .... to much.

JonM

Keita was there to keep Milan from scoring. Looking at the score, it looks like it was a sucess.

As for Barça not scoring, I'd first look at Messi, Alexis, Iniesta, Xavi, Tello, Pedro and Alves. It was their job to make things happen, not Keita's.

dalitis8

Banned
Keita was there to keep Milan from scoring. Looking at the score, it looks like it was a sucess.

As for Barça not scoring, I'd first look at Messi, Alexis, Iniesta, Xavi, Tello, Pedro and Alves. It was their job to make things happen, not Keita's.

Just because we did not concede today (something that could easily have happened if Ibra, Robinho and Urby were clinical) proves absolutely nothing about Keita.

I know what the scoreline was, what I want the Keita supporters in here to tell me, is what he did today? What did he do individually? What did he do during the 90mns of play, either offensively or defensively.

You all come up with vague statements like: "he shielded our back 4" or "he brought steel in the middle"

Where exactly was the steel and where exactly was the shielding? If I ask you for one notable interception, or a significant forward pass, or a run, you can come up with precisely nothing, zilch, zero. He did not do anything the entire 90mns other than giving the ball away.

And you are disappointed with Messi, Iniesta, Alexis Xavi etc, and not with Keita? Imagine if you were advising some football team anywhere in the world, you 'd send them straight into liquidation.

B

barcelonista

It was ok that he started but around the 70 minute mark when Milan got tired and especially when Boateng got off, Keite should have been subbed off. If Iniesta doesn't play in midfield and doesn't see more of the ball, we don't win. Simple. Iniesta cutting inside from LW and Puyol naturally not bombing forward made it easy for Milan to make it narrow in defense and so through the middle we just bumped into a wall of defenders.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Keita was there to keep Milan from scoring.

For a change we played 4 at the back + Busquets so I don't see how Keita's job was to keep Milan from scoring. I saw him make many forward runs in the 1st half.

But yeah, I do agree it's hard to be harsh on Keita.

dalitis8

Banned
It was ok that he started but around the 70 minute mark when Milan got tired and especially when Boateng got off, Keite should have been subbed off. If Iniesta doesn't play in midfield and doesn't see more of the ball, we don't win. Simple. Iniesta cutting inside from LW and Puyol naturally not bombing forward made it easy for Milan to make it narrow in defense and through the middle we just bumped into a wall of defenders.

It is bad that Keita is anywhere near the Camp Nou and our team. That he started against AC Milan, is a crime against the club and a monumental stupidity.

Was it Keita that was restricting Boateng? Tell me when he won the ball off him, because I can't remember something like that happening.

Furthermore, playing Keita in Iniesta's position, in a game of this magnitude must be some of a feat in misuse of resources. OK, the Don was not at his best tonight, but him making way for Keita was just stupid.

Home of Barca Fans