Sergio Busquets

barca96

Most of the time he shifts the ball five yards to Xavi. I would like to see Xavi or Schweinsteiger's pass rate.

der kaiser said that bastian is the best player of the WC so espn showed a chart which shows that he is behind in every stat.
i hate looking at stats although they dont lie.
anyways, in the passing section, xavi had the most passes completed and the highest accuracy.

der kaiser said that bastian is the best player of the WC so espn showed a chart which shows that he is behind in every stat.
i hate looking at stats although they dont lie.
anyways, in the passing section, xavi had the most passes completed and the highest accuracy.

:lol:

Beast

The Observer
I can be a below average defender and get 100 % passing accuracy just be making a short pass to my side defender or the DM in front of me .
passing stats does lie especially if you take into consideration the way the team play 2-3 meter side passing is much easier than 20 meters long accurate pass

barca96

haha yeah.i always hate looking at stats. so typical american sports :lol:
to me, you need to see how risky the pass is or how important the passes are.
in that case, a gk can have the highest accuracy since he only passes the ball to the defenders
as in the case with valdes. most of the times, casillas would just happily kick the ball as far as possible :lol:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
If it's so easy to make short passes to team mates then why any other DM comes even near in that list? Busquets is doing a great job in keeping possession which is the key element for both Spain's and Barça's play... As a manager I would cherish a player that promptly gives the ball safely to players who know what to do with it (namely Xavi and Iniesta) so get off his back and appreciate the man's job, he is ace!

If it's so easy to make short passes to team mates then why any other DM comes even near in that list? Busquets is doing a great job in keeping possession which is the key element for both Spain's and Barça's play... As a manager I would cherish a player that promptly gives the ball safely to players who know what to do with it (namely Xavi and Iniesta) so get off his back and appreciate the man's job, he is ace!

Quite frankly because that's pretty much what Spain do, pass the ball around.

iced1776

To be honest Sergio's passing hasn't been what's impressed me, its been his ability to dribble defenders 1v1 and find open space to start an attack from deep. He's pulled a few nice stepovers!

Home of Barca Fans