Santiago Cazorla

Alik

Sebastian-Giovinco-0000029289.jpg

crea_tn.php

:O

I stand corrected.

Robbie

He's even shorter than David Silva. :lol:

Fantastic player, though. Silva, Mata, and now Cazorla have put to bed the silly notion that players like Xavi, Iniesta, and Messi wouldn't do that well in the EPL.

Cesc put that to bed when he bossed the EPL at the age of 18

M

Malappapper

Cesc put that to bed when he bossed the EPL at the age of 18

I had a friend who insisted that Spanish players could not do well in the English game. I haven't seen him in a long while now. I wonder what he must be thinking now.

M

Malappapper

They aren't the same kind of player, at all.

Yes, but it still feels sensible to assume that Cazorla would have been better for us. He can play in tight spaces, has better passing, is ambidextrous (which helps him a lot for wing play) and also has a cleaner shot.

The only thing that Alexis has on Cazorla is that he is faster and younger.

Robbie

Sanchez is a forward, while Cazorla is a midfielder. It's a bit unfair to compare the two. One is primarily charged with scoring while the other will always try to create and only go for goal when there is no other option.

Gervinho

Cazorla and Podolski always seems to celebrate together and seem to get along very well. Wonder what language they speak.

Pepe Silvia

Sanchez is a forward, while Cazorla is a midfielder. It's a bit unfair to compare the two. One is primarily charged with scoring while the other will always try to create and only go for goal when there is no other option.
I always assumed Alexis was so poor at scoring for Barcelona because he was an attacking midfielder for Udinese not a forward.

He plays the forward position for Barcelona like no one I've ever seen. It's almost like he runs exclusively away from goal. I've never seen a forward do that so much and get away with it.

Gervinho

Sanchez is midfielder plain and simple. if you asked him where he would feel most comfortable, i would guess it would be central attacking midfield. as far as cazorla goes, he's not as quick or athletic as Sanchez, but far more talented player

Home of Barca Fans