Rosell Interview

Which Blanco is coveted by the Blaugrana?

• Total voters

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Rosell was in the Spanish papers today admitting that there is one player that Barca have been wanting to sign for years, but he does not want to name him as 'all hell would break loose'.

I mentioned in another thread recently that I wouldn't be surprised if Barca put in a bid or started a rumour that we were interested in signing Casillas if he became available. I don't think we would actually want to sign him but more to distablise Real Madrid and perhaps to get some revenge for the Figo fiasco. Which player do you think he is referring to? And why would he say such a thing at such a time?

Either way I don't think it would be one of the players that was purchased recently, as he does make a point of saying it was aplayer we had been after for years. However I have put the usual suspects in the poll and would be interested to hear your views.

B

beautifulgame

In my opinion, can't be Iker.

I don't think they would ever even think of that as a possibility until maybe just now.

Cristiano? Neymar? err.. Rooney (hope not), Higgie maybe?

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
He says in his interview, 'We have been interested in signing a particular Madrid player for years'.

Could be Ramos :shrug:

Either him or Casillas IMO. Can't think of any other Real player we'd wanna sign right now.
I'd rather get Hummels than Ramos though. Hummels is probably cheaper and would actually be possible to get (though he's still hard to get and expensive). Plus he isn't a walking red card.

N

Noldorin

I can't see it being Casillas. He's been the captain of Real Madrid for a while now and is too entrenched there, I think. Saying that, he is a good friend of Xavi, and of all Real Madrid players I think he has the best relationship with Barcelona. Something tells me it could be Ronaldo, since we know Barca had their eye on him before he moved to Real Madrid. Ramos is probably more likely though.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I think it can only be Casillas. I also think that Rosell is just on a wind up to try and make the fall out between Mou and Iker even worse. Having said that I would love it if we signed Ramos. I rate him very highly and he would fit right in to take over from Puyi. Same type of mentality.

Fishdoll

Bakalao
I think you're right - it's a ploy to needle the opposition. I can't see Iker Casillas playing for anyone in Spain but Real Madrid. Ramos either, really, given how much he and Del Nido don't get along.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Ramos is destined for Milan. He has made that pretty clear in the past. Rosell knows that even the suggestion that we could be in for Casillas would make the Madrid fans go beserk. Good work Rosell! No Laporta but getting there.

Home of Barca Fans