Player of the Season (Other than Messi!)

• Alves

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maxwell

• Abidal

• Busquets

• Iniesta

• Keita

• Yaya

• Bojan

• Other

• Total voters

maz

I walk the line
I think it's fair to say that Messi would win any poll of this kind. Maybe not get 100% of the votes, but having a poll with Messi in it would just be a rhetorical poll. So I thought it would be interesting for you to vote on the second best player in the team.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Damn that was hard. Took me a good 5 minutes to think about it and finally I took Xavi. Even though we won 4-0 without him yesterday, we really would have needed him in the first 30 to cool down the game because we were VERY nervous.

So Xavi for me, followed closely by Piqué, Puyol and Valdes.

S

Super Pippo

I'd have to say Pique, so many times I saw him this season he was fantastic, he has a coolness in his challenges that is not common in younger defenders. Also seems to have a genuine passion for playing for the club, which I appreciate in any player, especially as he was the only one who looked like he cared to try and find a late miracle against Inter.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Messi, without a sligtest doubt with his record breaking goals, is the number 1, but that would be too easy in itself. I'd rather lift Valdés, Pique, Xavi and Pedro in my top four.

maz

I walk the line
Messi deserves to be in everyone's number 1 place. It's like putting maradona's teammate above maradona just cause maradona was expected to be world class. I'm just asking about the next player.

My vote goes to Xavi. We beat valladolid last night without him, but Valladolid was a relegation team, so really we shouldn't need Xavi to beat them. But there have been many other occasions where Xavi's presence would have been sorely sorely missed. He is Mr Barca, and in a poll that eliminates Messi he deserves to be given the #1 place.

Pedro is a close second, because goals win you games and for such a young player he has stepped up on many many occasions and turned draws into victories.

nebeer

Love is All
Its hard to say, the entire team played well. Though after Messi - Xavi, Puyol, Pique and Pedro were exceptionally well. Valdes was good too.

maz

I walk the line
Pique definitely deserves a shout. He has been incredible and is definitely the future captain of this club. While Xavi knits together the team on the pitch, Pique knits them together off it.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Xavi has been amazing, but he is too easy-a-choice.

....PIQUE!!!

He has been absolutely flawless, a hint of bias, but miles above any defender in Europe this season.

Home of Barca Fans