Player of the Season (Other than Messi!)

• Alves

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maxwell

• Abidal

• Busquets

• Iniesta

• Keita

• Yaya

• Bojan

• Other

• Total voters

Pepe Silvia

what you mean like last season when everyone kept voting iniesta above messi? :lol:

anyway it's a good poll and a good idea but you should have taken xavi out of the equation as well.

those two are obviously our best players this season. our third? now THAT is a debate...
Out of curiosity, who would your choice have been for third?

gvt2000

I think it's fair to say that Messi would win any poll of this kind. Maybe not get 100% of the votes, but having a poll with Messi in it would just be a rhetorical poll. So I thought it would be interesting for you to vote on the second best player in the team.

1. Messi, no explanation needed
2. Xavi, he's been a lot more involved in attack this year. His through passes and his ability to distribute play have been crusial.
3. Pique: Kept up with a full speed Cristiano in the clasico, rock solid in defense, best defender in the world

maz

I walk the line
Yeah third best player is a good debate, but it starts to lose it's value the further down the rank u go lol. I would say piqué is 3rd best..

TheMessiShow

Voted Xavi... in all honesty could have been Pique, or Valdes.

I picked Xavi because he is just so important to our system and if he plays badly we as a whole team get knocked back a few pegs, that rarely happened this season.

Wanna make sure there is a shout out for Valdes who is improving as each season passes. Valdes spent all season making the great momentum changing saves. He was the player who always picked up the slack when the team wasn't. Valdes played better when our team wasn't. Valdes was super consistent this season

Guardian

1. Messi - no explanation needed indeed. Won the Pichichi, the Golden Shoe, equalised Ronaldo's (the real one) record. If he performs well in S.Africa, he will win the Golden Ball too.
2. Xavi - the barometer of the team. The player who dictates the tempo and designs almost every Barca's attack.
3. Pique - most important defensive player, most solid player in the team.
4. Pedro - revelation of the season, surprised many including me. Made history this season having scored in every competition he entered in.
5. Valdes - his best season so far imo (no major mistakes, superb saves)

most improved player - Bojan Krkic
disappointment of the year - Henri (I wouldn't call Ibra's first season a disappointment, his start was great, but then Guardiola changed his formation, and Ibra never found his way to it )
performance of the season - Messi vs Arsenal
goal of the season - Pique vs Inter, I saw much better goals from Messi and Pedro, but I never expected such a quality move from a defender!
best moment of the season - Pedro's second goal vs Madrid was equal to 1000 orgasms
worst moment/ game - vs Inter at San Siro
best transfer - Maxwell from Inter (cheap and worth)
worst transfer - Chygrinskiy (bloody hell)
manager rating - 8
players that should be signed: one CM (Fabregas?) and one more striker (Villa? ). After the WC many names could be dragged to the list.

Home of Barca Fans