Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

89Norcal

Forgot to mention that I saw the lineups and Ronaldinho was indeed playing up front in Neymar's usual role, which I think was a little silly of Scolari and does nothing but limit Neymar's ability to attack. Sometimes him and Ronnie seemed to be pushing each other out of position.

IIRC, Ronnie plays CM for Atletico Mineiro, or that is at least where he thrives.

mixer

tumblr_mho1quWJyv1s3w8iho1_500.gif

B

beautifulgame

I know Cahill has been crap at times but I don't think very many sides in Brazil have as strong a backline as England's.

He was more outmatched physically, he needs to put on size to really contend.

In my opinion, he will be fine. For me, he just needs to sign with a coach that can ease the pressure. Also, everyone use to say the same about messi. ;-)

FiReFTW

Based on that video of neymar vs England he didn't seem to have such a bad game, maybe some people here are overreacting?

tonito

Based on that video of neymar vs England he didn't seem to have such a bad game, maybe some people here are overreacting?
Definitely the case. He was a bit unlucky on that miss, but overall I didn't think he played all that bad, especially considering the fact that the Brazilians didn't play well as a whole.

B

beautifulgame

Lol you know how it goes around here. Even Messi, when he has a "bad" couple of games he had either lost pace, is selfish, uninterested, lazy, unfit or not at the level he once was.

I've seen roller coasters that have less ups and downs than these fans in a span of 90 seconds.

To be frank, he, like the whole team did not catch any sharpness till about the 70th minute.
Ronnie, to his credit had intensity when he got the ball and was attempting to will he team forward and Paulinho was good but thats it.

Neymar himself was playing like a man inhibited and actually not warmed up even. I believe he was a bit intimidated by the occasion. He had similar hiccups of concentration against Barca but that hardly suggests he is unworthy. He has been made to lead world class teams at a young age and we have to keep in mind he won't have that roll at Barca.

The actual problem you all should be considering is how many world class forwards have been shown the door since Pep took over whether they were producing or not. This is a worrying trend. Now Villa, if he doesn't get the chance management are suggesting he will get in he latter part of the season then he too will be out. Alexis may also have a similar predicament. The question I have, will any forward come in to this Barca team play enough, long enough to be deemed worthy of his bill? In a period where a wide variety (in skill and personality) of forwards, literally some the best of their eras, in Ibra, Etoo, Henry and Villa haven't had more than one strong season since Pep took over.

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I think it's more that some of us want to attack Neymar for not being able to walk water in response to certain posters who do the same for Sanchez and Villa for not being Brazilian. The way some talk about Neymar he's the second best player in the world, which makes him the best since Messi isn't human, and hyperbole begets hyperbole.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I think it's more that some of us want to attack Neymar for not being able to walk water in response to certain posters who do the same for Sanchez and Villa for not being Brazilian. The way some talk about Neymar he's the second best player in the world, which makes him the best since Messi isn't human, and hyperbole begets hyperbole.

Never hurts to have (or assume) a different opinion at times, especially in response to angry mobs :D

PearLBLacK

Banned

Villa is likeable, even Sanchez to some extent. Big difference. Bashing on Neymar is justified.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans