Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meitux

if it isnt about a center forward and its about a winger that can score that is all about Reus... but cant see him coming anyway near the close future...

Last edited:

Barca8

I agree with everyone about Reus. On top of being tried in Europe against top sides Marco Reus also has a physical presence that Neymar won't ever have.
Reus will be cheaper and is a team player where Messi will continue to play how he does but with a lot better support.

Someone made the comment that Neymar is Robinho 2.0. I totally agree with that. He won't bring to our side what Ronaldinho did. We are better off with Deulofeu, Tello & Cuenca.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Reus has more a physical presence? Wtf have you seen Reus? Do you even know what he looks like? He even more of a stick than Neymar. I swear to god if I didn't know better I would think that the only time people have seen Reus and Gotze play is on FIFA. If you somehow think that they are better than Neymar or that they would even come for cheap, nevermind Dortmund letting them go than you are severely deluded.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
I think what Barca8 meant was that he is stronger on the ball and that is a fact. While he doesn't ooze strength he is definitely more physical than neymar and stays on his feet much more often. And Jonathan it's not about them being better players. There are more factors then that. His price tag is ludicrous and one of Gotze or Reus would be cheaper in the end. But of course Dortmund won't let them go like that. Plus I truly believe one of them would fit our system better then neymar and they are both real team players. This is all hypothetical anyway lol. Who knows if we will even get neymar? But in my opinion, I would rather sign one of the Germans to play for us. Just couldn't see one of them flopping. They have both shown numerous times that they can hang with the best of the best. Neymar? Not so much yet.

Paganinisrvnge

What has Neymar done to show he will be a success? Nothing. He has never played against top opposition. There is literally only like one good defender in the Brazilian Leauge and that's Dede. I know La Liga doesn't have the best defenses so I could see him doing pretty well against some of the lower teams but who is to say he would be able to deal with quality defenders like Thiago Silva, Hummels, Vidic(when healthy of course), Ashley Cole, Terry or Pepe(hate them both but can't ignore they are quality defenders)? Sure, it's possible that he could end up being a very good player but if he flops it's 60 million euros down the drain. I am sure Reus or Gotze would be expensive but not nearly as much as Neymar and they have proven themselves against Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Man City(say what you will about how they are mercenaries but there is a lot of quality in that side), Ajax, and the whole Bundesliga.

It doesn't really matter anyway because I don't think Dortmund would give up both Hummels and one of those two. I would much prefer Hummels if it was only one that could be brought in.

Jadentheman

Bash Neymar all you like. But you haters will be turning the other way around in two years.

Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Kaka, and Pele. Heck even Messi:messi: said that Neymar is a very good player and will become one of the best.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
So? Pele said Neymar is already the best lol. It doesnt matter what they say. Neymar has yet to prove himself and thats the bottom line. Nobody is hating on him. He DOES NOT deserve his pricetag and I would rather let madrid get their hands on him for that much. We have more important parts of the team to strengthen. And I would still take a proven player for less lol.

The oh so redundant argument on Neymar not proving himself on the big stage is getting out of hand. I'll remind Neymar just didnt get a chance to do it, except against us, and how can a playful, offensive-minded ok team not get tossed around ? He also scored 17 goals in 24 games for Brazil , i confess i watched only one but not too bad it seems..

Also, he is not robinho 2.0; i dont think robinho ever dribbled as often (with success) and he scored a lot less goals. to conclude on robinho, it's also clear he had the potential to do much better, but he failed

Regarding transfer prices, well Neymar is one of the most marketable players in the world, thus the (financial) return on investment explains a good deal about the inflated price. that and the fact that Neymar has been the best in Brazil for 2-3 years almost week in week out. The only reasons he didn't go to Europe waaay earlier is that Santos got over-protective very quickly and that his family rigthly judged he was too young to deal with it. brazilian clubs in general have significantly raised their prices in recent years, it is a trend

Now he is a superstar, made to look even better than he is, and he's gonna sell a ton of stuff for any team he joins, most likely barca

Regarding his actual play, well there is an unknown variable in adaptation time / playing against top opposition, but unlike some people seem to be thinking, he'll deliver for sure, just don't know if he'll be good or amazing...

Also a reason people look to undermine him is his perceived imaturity and above all his goddamn diving. He'd better cut this shit if or when he joins barca, that is one thing i am not sure the staff or the players will be looking to do, except maybe puyol or messi :)

Last edited:

Barca8

I think what Barca8 meant was that he is stronger on the ball and that is a fact. While he doesn't ooze strength he is definitely more physical than neymar and stays on his feet much more often. And Jonathan it's not about them being better players. There are more factors then that. His price tag is ludicrous and one of Gotze or Reus would be cheaper in the end. But of course Dortmund won't let them go like that. Plus I truly believe one of them would fit our system better then neymar and they are both real team players. This is all hypothetical anyway lol. Who knows if we will even get neymar? But in my opinion, I would rather sign one of the Germans to play for us. Just couldn't see one of them flopping. They have both shown numerous times that they can hang with the best of the best. Neymar? Not so much yet.

Thanks Visca! That is what I was trying to say. Reus can ride a few tackles, keep balance and stay on his feet. Also Reus is 6'0 where Neymar is 5'9. I agree with the points you made as well about the likeliness of Reus flopping over Neymar. I would welcome Neymar as any other coming to play for us but being that this is a topic of choice lol

Marco-Reus-Dortmund-2012-Jersey.jpg
Neymar+Olympics+Day+11+Men+Football+F+Match+e97spWiSDyil.jpg

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Thanks Visca! That is what I was trying to say. Reus can ride a few tackles, keep balance and stay on his feet. Also Reus is 6'0 where Neymar is 5'9. I agree with the points you made as well about the likeliness of Reus flopping over Neymar. I would welcome Neymar as any other coming to play for us but being that this is a topic of choice lol

Marco-Reus-Dortmund-2012-Jersey.jpg
Neymar+Olympics+Day+11+Men+Football+F+Match+e97spWiSDyil.jpg
Wow, you sure that's only a couple of inches of difference??

Left wide open for counter joke

89Norcal

What has Neymar done to show he will be a success? Nothing. He has never played against top opposition. There is literally only like one good defender in the Brazilian Leauge and that's Dede. I know La Liga doesn't have the best defenses so I could see him doing pretty well against some of the lower teams but who is to say he would be able to deal with quality defenders like Thiago Silva, Hummels, Vidic(when healthy of course), Ashley Cole, Terry or Pepe(hate them both but can't ignore they are quality defenders)?

Neymar, for a 19-20 year old, has done a decent amount to prove his worth and talent, across all the Brazilian leagues and the Copa lib/sud and for the national side.

And there are countless players who were proclaimed as "unproven" that went on to thrive in Europe. Just look at any top player who was imported from a non-european league. Point is that people tend to vastly underestimate the quality of clubs outside Spain, Italy, or England, and cherry pick when convenient. Too many times I hear people belittling non-european leagues, but when presented with an intra-European league debate, go on to belittle Serie A or La Liga or Eredivise. Zidane, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Cristiano, and RVP are just a few world class players that started their careers outside of the top leagues.

In other words you'll never know until they actually play in those leagues. But if you're addressing the people that claim Neymar is superior to Messi out of blind loyalty then I agree that's foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans