Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

Neymar's problem isn't the lack of potential. He's the number one prospect, if you can call him that anymore, in terms of potential. I still consider him Robinho 2.0 though, because if he goes to Barca he'll be in the same situation as Robinho. Unless Barca ignores its philosophy of promoting from within, he'll have to share minutes with Pedro (a guy with, theoretically, seniority over him), Tello, Cuenca, and Delofeu who'll all need lots of minutes to continue development. Not to mention Sanchez if he's still there. Who does Tito give preference, talented academy players or a multimillion purchase with all this hype? Either way, it'll be some dilemma for whoever the coach is at the time.

Neymar needs, imo, a guaranteed starting spot to develop and justify all this hype. 'Dinho started with PSG and Fat Ronaldo with PSV. This isn't the one and only standard beginning by any means, but a similar course would be ideal.

My opinion anyways

Unfortunately for you, me, and Neymar's father, Santos thinks differently. They want to price as high as they can and it seems only Barca can get first pickings.

Barca8

@Cule4Life
You made too many points which I agree with for me to respond to just any one lol

If we go for Neymar it has to be for the right reasons. We're not ManUre (Park & Kagawa) or Madrid (Beckham, Ronaldo, Kaka, Ronaldo etc etc) who sign players to sell shirts. But I would take any Masia player over an outsider like Alexis. Pep saw something in him and he got him Alexis to work when he was fit. But aside from that it's time for him to go now.

89Norcal

This is terribly naive. Why do you think Rosell sold our soul for pennies in order to get Qatar on our shirts, if not for marketing? Our dear president is pure business, and with his ties to Nike, you can bet your ass, that IF we get Neymar it won't be purely for sporting reasons.

God forbid we use a shirt sponsor like every other club. The fact we kept Unicef on for free for so long is impressive. The club needed to work on their debts.

GiantKiller

God forbid we use a shirt sponsor like every other club. The fact we kept Unicef on for free for so long is impressive. The club needed to work on their debts.

I'd like to say that as well but I'm beginning to think that the Unicef move was an attempt to make people associated with Barca 'less critical of what was to follow'.... If you know what I mean. :p

89Norcal

I'd like to say that as well but I'm beginning to think that the Unicef move was an attempt to make people associated with Barca 'less critical of what was to follow'.... If you know what I mean. :p

Barca definitely cares about their global image, as they rightly should being one of the world's biggest clubs. Using it as a sort of morality buffer? Don't really know, and I never really bother myself with charities and partnerships that clubs do. We can tout the good will of our club all we want, in the end it's still a business.

ShandyFFM

ah and watch his shot at 1:50 which leads to his first goal... just love how tricky he is .. that might be a real wappon for barca if theres no space at all... he did this several times before... against germany and palmeiras ..

5:20

Kerrybai

I wonder what price we can get him for? Maybe 40 million? That would be a very fair price but I think we may have to fork out around 50.

Also what position does he play exactly? Will he be happy playing on the wing alongside Messi?

Jadentheman

Neymar would consider PSG
October 8, 2102

Recommend104
Tweet7
Email
Print

By Fabien Perrin, France Correspondent

Santos star Neymar is refusing to rule out a move to Paris Saint-Germain and said he would relish the chance to play with Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Neymar
GettyImagesNeymar is highly in demand

• Ancelotti plans long-term stay
• Neymar: Oscar wants me at Chelsea
• Blog: Le Classique ends all square

Neymar, 20, is one of the most highly rated young players in world football and has attracted the interest of a raft of top clubs. Barcelona remain favourites for his signature, and there have been rumours that there is already an agreement in place for a move to the Camp Nou.

However, Neymar was recently quoted as saying that there are "maybe five clubs" in the world - among them Barca, Real Madrid and Chelsea - that he would be obliged to consider and it appears PSG may be among that elite list.

"Paris is a beautiful city," he told Telefoot. Asked whether he could one day join PSG, he said: "Maybe. It would be a great honour, but I am very happy at Santos."

Ibrahimovic, 31, is one of the club's marquee signings and Neymar says he would love an opportunity to play on the same team with such a player. "Ibrahimovic is one of the best players in the world today and I dream to play with major players," he added.

Santos president Luis Alvaro de Oliveira Ribeiro recently said that there is no agreement with Barca and he has revealed he would encourage the player to move to the Ligue 1 side.

"If Neymar comes to me and asks for advice on PSG, I would definitely recommend going there," he said.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...ut-future-move-to-paris-saint-germain?cc=5901

This is old. Damn Reddit, anyone can post shit and get karma.

Neymar is currently in Rio now for a charity match

Last edited:

ammarfcb

ze special one
Neymar is currently in Rio now for a charity match

1355960975173.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans