New Kits Thread

gingerless

Someone shopped it with grana sleeves and it was much better. I see one problem tho, the crest is in the middle and there is our World Champs badge :D

indeed a most concerning quandary

132898340370.jpg

Beast

The Observer
how the **** is having strips english thing?
what about milan, inter, juve, udinese, bilbao, atletico madrid, malaga, gijon, eindhoven etc from top of my head

As Meta said, the English influence .. majority of those clubs ( and a lot more ) are built/Idea /copied from an English team

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I thought Milanese people were supposed to have good taste. Just imagine if AC Milan used that shirt... but with black instead of red

Sergio

Sergison
Well now that you mention it, Milan kinda did go for a blurry stripe effect in 04/05. And it looked shit.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
As Meta said, the English influence .. majority of those clubs ( and a lot more ) are built/Idea /copied from an English team

Yup, you look at the clubs with stripes - either the English were among the clubs founders (Barca, Milan, Athletic Bilbao) or they were more indirectly influenced (Juventus kit inspired by Notts County, Real Socidad founded by students returning from England, Inter an offshoot from the English-formed Milan, Atletico an offshoot from the English-formed Athletic Bilbao).

At this point it's been so long and clubs like these are so famous that the English origins are now nothing more than a footnote (look at the amount of clubs in Italy that copied Juve, or the amount of clubs in Spain that copied Athletic/Atletico), but much like English names (FC, Milan, River Plate, Athletic, Old Boys, etc), it's a part of the clubs history and fucking with it, like Nike is doing, is blasphemous as far as I'm concerned.

zanela

I wouldn't wear anything with strips

I've no probs with it. Stripes can either accentuate/underplay your dimensions depending on what you're trying to achieve, and how you play with it. And stripes work beyond horizontal and verticals, it all comes down to creative designing and the finishing. Personally, i'm of the opinion that men should stay classy but also open and explore all avenues. I thought for a player like urself, you 'd be more enterprising at fashion. ;)

The france jersey 2011 was uninspring. But i did like the goalkeeper one.

201110211149393298.jpg

Valdés/L.Parker/Adler would look mint in ^

Anyway, I like my footballers, with/out jerseys, stripes or no stripes. Football jerseys are secondary to me. :)

Last edited:

DucdeOrléans

As far as I am aware of FCB's kit design was inspired by FC Basel who if I am not mistaken was NOT founded by the English.

And if that's the new FCB kit then it is not that bad. The supposed away kit is something else though. Truly horrible.

But at the end of the day who the fuck cares? Nearly all football jerseys are ugly. Personally I would never wear one in public unless I was attending a match (and that is doubtful as well).

And yes Beast we agree about the French jersey. I would like a copy of the 2000 version.:)

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
I thought for a player like urself, you 'd be more enterprising at fashion. ;)

Subtle remark here ;)

The only thing related to a player if i wear a strip shirt would be posing as an insurance sales person

note that small strips in a classic suit (like Dark grey jacket with very small lines lighter grey strip ) is ok.. but other than that it will be a fashion crime

Home of Barca Fans