Memphis Depay

Porque

It's a valid point to suggest a lack of width with too many static players who want the ball to feet and complete the same actions though. That's my main gripe with Depay right now.

Although he is a definite opportunity of the market and makes sense to acquire.

Fully expect to see Dembele leave as his contract isn't being renewed. It means our width is only to be provided by the fullbacks, and Konrad if he promotes.

cro-man

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Memphis Depay (Olympique Lyonnais): "It's true that Barcelona have shown an interest in me, but there are other clubs too. I haven't decided my future. I first want to put my focus on EURO 2020." [l'equipe] <a href="https://t.co/jz9oqyTnTb">pic.twitter.com/jz9oqyTnTb</a></p>— barcacentre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1395638152694538242?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 21, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rory

Not to mention one player was simply never that good and Depay is at least of the r of 16 ucl quality that our squad requires to have on the bench.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Will it be another Ibrahim Afelay type of signing?

Good grief, couldn't have picked a more random comparison - because they're dutch?

Afellay did well but was beset by injuries, plus, he was a midfielder. Depay will play in the attacking front 3

Messi983

Also, despite having injury problems Afellay still had a good contribution in our CL win in 2011 with that assist for Messi's first goal at Bernaleo.

xxxxxx

Close to signing him.

Depay, Aguero and Garcia will most likely be our only signings this summer. If Messi thinks this is the competitive team he needs, he has another thing coming.

HanDW

Not even 0.2 xG and barely 1 shot on target vs relegated bottom of the table Eibar without Messi, the other big names of the attack (Griezmann and Dembele) ?, hidding the whole game, Trincao ?, a ghost, Braithwaite ?, lol.

Yet people here still argue about signing one of the best attacker/creators of the top 5 leagues for free.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Not even 0.2 xG and barely 1 shot on target vs relegated bottom of the table Eibar without Messi, the other big names of the attack (Griezmann and Dembele) ?, hidding the whole game, Trincao ?, a ghost, Braithwaite ?, lol.

Yet people here still argue about signing one of the best attacker/creators of the top 5 leagues for free.

It's mostly Bobo with his moronic 72% pass completion argument. Depay would be an upgrade on any attacker we currently have bar Messi, even Griezmann (excluding Fati because he's been out for too long and it is not clear whether he manages to come back).

Bobo32

It's mostly Bobo with his moronic 72% pass completion argument. Depay would be an upgrade on any attacker we currently have bar Messi, even Griezmann (excluding Fati because he's been out for too long and it is not clear whether he manages to come back).

No it's not moronic.
Depay at Barcelona would either be the 4th or 5th best playmaker, or a very bad Braithwaite type player if he tried to play a bit like that.
What's moronic is taking his stats from playing as the star of a team hoping to go through qual rounds to reach CL, and saying that he'll perform well in Barcelona.

If there is something in his game showing he'll be good at Barcelona, it should be explained. "Being an upgrade" is not saying anything.

Home of Barca Fans