Memphis Depay

HanDW

I've said in the past that im not a big fan of the player, but for free and on low wages thats a good operation even just for the sake of having useful depth.

Do i have to remind you that our second/third best attacker is a 18yo kid ?. And we don't even know if he'd still be a professional footballer after all the shit they've done to his knee.

Trincao has been a massive flop and it's most likely leaving given the reports about him, Coutinho is the definition of useless + the club is crazy to get rid of him and Dembele future is unclear, not consistency whatsoever and still hit or miss after 4 years here, last year of contract which means this is the last chance to cash on him.

Then you have Braith, a player who wouldn't be here if we were a serious club with standards and the B kids with zero experience in anything close to a top a european league.

Last edited:

Messi983

Just like Ben Yedder.

Kevin Volland, Terem Moffi, Andy Delort, Gaetan Laborde, Burak Yilmaz, Jonathan David, Moise Kean and Karl Toko Ekambi have scored more non penalty goals than Memphis Depay this season. Memphis Depay won't take penalties in Barcelona, if he comes.

If you check "non penalty goals per minute" he sits on 40th place in Ligue 1, I won't list all the names in front of him there...

All the while having a 70,8% pass success rate, and being 2nd only to Gaetan Laborde in ligue 1 shots taken...

Don't know why people dismiss penalty goals. Penalties are not guaranteed goals, you still need to score them. Memphis has scored 8/8 penalties for Lyon (and 1/2 for NT) this season. Messi has scored 7/10 and the rest of our team are 3/7 in "regular" penalties and we've also scored only 2/5 in penalty shoot-outs against Sociedad in Supercopa.

Also, couldn't care less about his pass success rate. It would improve here in a different system playing more shorter passes and also not being the one player trying to create the most chances and taking more risky passes. I don't care about possesion % in general. We've had 80% possession in two games this season and guess what, we've lost both. :lol: Barca is the only team in the world capable of doing that because we're the only team "stupid" enough to push for that high (mostly sterile) possession against teams sitting back and then giving away easy chances and goals 2-3 times per game opponents actually get into our half.

Laplacian

Don't know why people dismiss penalty goals. Penalties are not guaranteed goals, you still need to score them. Memphis has scored 8/8 penalties for Lyon (and 1/2 for NT) this season. Messi has scored 7/10 and the rest of our team are 3/7 in "regular" penalties and we've also scored only 2/5 in penalty shoot-outs against Sociedad in Supercopa.

Also, couldn't care less about his pass success rate. It would improve here in a different system playing more shorter passes and also not being the one player trying to create the most chances and taking more risky passes. I don't care about possesion % in general. We've had 80% possession in two games this season and guess what, we've lost both. :lol: Barca is the only team in the world capable of doing that because we're the only team "stupid" enough to push for that high (mostly sterile) possession against teams sitting back and then giving away easy chances and goals 2-3 times per game opponents actually get into our half.

Because we're talking about goal scoring ability; movement, intelligence, composure, technique, and spatial awareness. You can be a really shit forward, and still be a great penalty taker. Players who were originally not good enough for being forwards/strikers and were moved back to being CBs can be great penalty takers. Goalkeepers can be great penalty takers. Penalties are so far removed from the actual game it's simply dishonest to include them in a discussion about someone's goal scoring ability. They require entirely different fundamental skillsets.

HanDW

Goal yesterday and pre-assisted another one. 20g+10 now.

Posted this in his twitter minutes ago

E1mmFYAXMAQriJN

With Koeman pretty much confirmed gone and having better economic offers from other clubs doubt he will come

vuji_31

He is better then Braithwaite and Trincao for sure.

Does he have ideal spot in team? No.

Is he worth to bring? Yes.

Fati is questionable how he will recover, Griezmann is on sale , Dembele also if he does not renew, Messi is closer to exit , Braithwaite and Trincao are past.

Bobo32

I'm growing more fond of this potential addition lately
Since leaving Eredivisie in 2015 he has gained some real experience in the 7th-3th position of the tables, both in England and in France.
In fact he hasn't ever finished top 2 in the league since then!
As this is Barcelonas position now, he can surely bring some much needed know-how.

To add to what I posted earlier about his 70% pass rate this season - since joining Lyon he actually has a 73% pass percentage over 5 seasons.
I can't find anything about his pass percentage in United, where he wasn't the biggest star and scored 5 goals and assisted 1 over 2434 minutes...
But I guess he took a more quiet and hard working role back then, focusing on helping his team...

Home of Barca Fans