Marquinhos

i_bleed_blaugrana

Haven't Inter been really shitty this season?

Yeah but its not like he is doing this against nobodies here. Its different if he was beasting against smaller teams and failing against the top teams. As far as reputation goes, he can go up against big clubs and rise up to the occasion. Anyone see him against Lazio?

Point is, I know Inter weren't at their best this year, but I posted the video focusing more on him as a player. In this video, he shows qualities that would suit Barca very nicely in the future. I do agree with the sentiment of buying another CB with him however, it would be a bit risky to just sign him or just Martinez.

He's 1.83. The same height as Thiago Silva. Besides, height doesn't matter THAT much, Puyol is 1.78 and a beast in the air, while Pique is 1.93 and sucks in the air.

I do agree that Marquinhos wouldn't be the best choice as the starting CB though. He'd be a good buy for depth, but not as the starting CB.

Depth is exactly what we need. Puyol can still be a very dominant CB, we just need to save him for the big games. Our go to CB pairing should still be Puyol-Pique imo, but it shouldn't be our only pairing. Any games that Puyol doesn't play should be split between Masch and the new CB. If we bleed him early in La Liga only and let Puyol take care of CL and clasico games, that should give him the time to get some match fitness so he can step-up in the second half of the season a la Varane.

Yeah but its not like he is doing this against nobodies here. Its different if he was beasting against smaller teams and failing against the top teams. As far as reputation goes, he can go up against big clubs and rise up to the occasion. Anyone see him against Lazio?

Point is, I know Inter weren't at their best this year, but I posted the video focusing more on him as a player. In this video, he shows qualities that would suit Barca very nicely in the future. I do agree with the sentiment of buying another CB with him however, it would be a bit risky to just sign him or just Martinez.

Depth is exactly what we need. Puyol can still be a very dominant CB, we just need to save him for the big games. Our go to CB pairing should still be Puyol-Pique imo, but it shouldn't be our only pairing. Any games that Puyol doesn't play should be split between Masch and the new CB. If we bleed him early in La Liga only and let Puyol take care of CL and clasico games, that should give him the time to get some match fitness so he can step-up in the second half of the season a la Varane.

Depth is not what we need, we need a starting CB. Puyol is old, injury prone, slow and not what he used to be. I'm afraid we can't rely on him any more.

Superfly

Banned
I'd cry if we signed Koscielny

(assuming these aren't tears of joy) Have you watched him during the second half of this season? He's been absolutely brilliant. If he wasn't injured during the first half of the season he'd have easily been one of the best defenders in the premier league.

XaviMessiGirl

He was the one marking Lulic when he scored in the Coppa Italia final however it wasn't really his fault since the ball took a deflection off Lobont first.

This is th defender barca needs. He is a very fast player, very aggressive but in a clean way. He is the future Thiago silva and probably better than him. He will eventually gain more muscle and body mass. He wouldn't be too expensive and would deff challenge Verane In the near future as Best defender in Spain if barca get him.

I'd prefer Silva, but he'd definitely be a better buy than David Luiz...
I'd love Thiago Silva too but the guy gets paid a lot of money at PSG( something he is not willing to give up ) , he's also 29 years old. It doesn't make sense to spend 50 millions ( b.c PSG doesn't need to sell ) for a player who might have 2 or 3 max great seasons left in him . If we are gonna spend so much money on this guy, might as well buy a young prospect with a huge future.

PaulFCB

Banned
As I already said, doesn't Pique earn a bit more than Silva at PSG!?!?

I would be happy if we pay Silva +1 million face to PSG and cut Pique's salary by 4 million, he earn way too much if it's as much as Silva.

khaled_a_d

As I already said, doesn't Pique earn a bit more than Silva at PSG!?!?

I would be happy if we pay Silva +1 million face to PSG and cut Pique's salary by 4 million, he earn way too much if it's as much as Silva.

No , Only Messi earns more than Silva from what I remember

Home of Barca Fans