Marquinhos

Md claiming they're doing it to raise his fee for Barça, like Neymar.

I highly doubt that they made that bid for Neymar just to raise the fee for Barca. If Neymar picked them, they would have had to pay. And didn't they offer more than us? 60m+ is not a joke, and I don't see them offering that much just to raise the price for Barca.

I highly doubt that this is true either (them bidding to raise Marquinhos' fee for Barca).

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I think it's exactly like what real Would do. They are the dave Hester of football. We are Barry Weiss

(dunno if anyone gets that it's from storage wars)

B

beautifulgame

To raise the fee you make speculation that you are bidding, you don't actually bid. :-/

Otherwise, you might have to buy like DV said or look like an ass if you pull out.

To raise the fee you make speculation that you are bidding, you don't actually bid. :-/

Otherwise, you might have to buy like DV said or look like an ass if you pull out.

Then maybe this does have some truth to it. Maybe they're simply creating speculation that they put in a bid to try to raise his price?
Still sounds like BS to me though.

Tomchin

Why would it be BS though? Pepe is probably gone to Man City, Carvalho is gone, Albiol is deadwood, so the only decent CBs they have is Ramos and Varane. Surely they need some backup?

Marquinhos would be a bit of a risk and I'm not entirely sold on him, but I'd rather get him than some of the other CBs we've been linked with (Luiz, etc). Of course, there are others I'd want us to get over him, like Silva. If we get Marquinhos, I just hope he's ready to start all the big games by the time the first half of the season is up (coz we need to get a new CB to replace Puyol as the starter, not a new 3rd choice CB). Which is a bit of a tall order, which is why I'm not entirely sold on the idea of getting him.

desoe

It's pretty simple logic, really. The central back position is the most crucial for our entire team right now and we're thinking about buying a 19-years old PROSPECT for that. I repeat - a prospect, not a proven defender with at least average experience on top level.

So, I'm going to ask this question - what's exactly the difference between Marquinhos and Marc Bartra at the moment? Because I see them both as a same thing - young and unexperienced defenders, who can EVENTUALLY become world class.

I'm always supporting the hunt for young and talented players, but I'm really not sure that a 19-years old kid is exactly what we need for our defense right now.

It's pretty simple logic, really. The central back position is the most crucial for our entire team right now and we're thinking about buying a 19-years old PROSPECT for that. I repeat - a prospect, not a proven defender with at least average experience on top level.

So, I'm going to ask this question - what's exactly the difference between Marquinhos and Marc Bartra at the moment? Because I see them both as a same thing - young and unexperienced defenders, who can EVENTUALLY become world class.

I'm always supporting the hunt for young and talented players, but I'm really not sure that a 19-years old kid is exactly what we need for our defense right now.

I'd much rather get an actual world-class CB rather than a potential one, but I'd rather get Marquinhos than someone like Luiz or Vermaelen. Bascially, world class CB > potential world class CB > someone like Luiz or Vermaelen.

Last edited:

desoe

Bascially, world class CB > potential world class CB > someone like Luiz or Vermaelen. IMO, at least.

Well, yeah. Can't argue about that.

If we sign the kid, I'd be happy. But I'd just hope he has some cool mind, because he's going to need it. The pressure would be enormous, because he's filling a huge gap.

Home of Barca Fans