Luka Modric

K

kingleo

He's a good player, but rather overrated. I don't really see him adding anything new to them. What does he do that Ozil doesn't already do?

Typical Real Madrid buying players they don't need.

alot! Modric plays deeper, and controls games and dictates play. Ozil just creates.

Ursegor

World Champion
He's Alonso's replacement. Alonso will be 31 soon. If he's lucky he'll have 2 more season in him to be able to compete against Barcelona week in week out in all 3 competitions. Then he'll go back to San Sebastian. Until then Mourinho will rotate Modric and Alonso just like he rotates Benzema and Higuain. Why do people think it's a problem to have 3 central midfielders for 2 positions? We have Song, Mascherano, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas and Thiago for 3 positions. :lol:

SwiftGuyver

I think this allows Tom Huddlestone to fulfil his potential, In England he is regarded as the new Xavi due to his fantastic passing skills.

mj-laughing.gif

Hatem Ben Arfa

AVB doesn't like Huddlestone.

he left him out of his squad completely for the Newcastle game.

Huddlestone then proceeded to put this on this on his twitter then quickly deleted it: 'respect has to be earned before it is given. #Fact.'

Beast

The Observer
He's Alonso's replacement. Alonso will be 31 soon. If he's lucky he'll have 2 more season in him to be able to compete against Barcelona week in week out in all 3 competitions. Then he'll go back to San Sebastian. Until then Mourinho will rotate Modric and Alonso just like he rotates Benzema and Higuain. Why do people think it's a problem to have 3 central midfielders for 2 positions? We have Song, Mascherano, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas and Thiago for 3 positions. :lol:

Preach on brother.. some people are so blind

Still not a Madrid player? What's going on?

Chelsea in the way with more money on the table , Levy want to sell them , Modric wants to move to Real

Ursegor

World Champion
WTF, why would Chelsea want him? They have Ramires. They should look to replace Torres. Villa had more goals than him last season ... and Villa was out with a broken leg for 8 months.

Could you imagine that you don't end up with Modric this season? Would be a bit of a blow, letting Sahin go and all that. You would have less depth than before, relying completely on Xabi Alonso who is 1 year older and coming back from a tiring Euro campaign. 1 injury to him and your season is over tbh. Granero is not a Xabi replacement.

Beast

The Observer
I believe Modric will replace Lampard not Ramires.. he can do both positions well
Sahin deal depend a lot on Modric coming in , if not he will stay ( i think but both scenarios unlikely that Modric don't come & Sahin stays )
I also think there is some "WTF " deal going on behind the scenes ..some back up deal but as usual Jose is taking things slowly

Beast

The Observer
Well breaking news , Modric was pictured today in Madrid (probably doing the medical) .. so we are expecting an announcement within the next few hours

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Apparently somebody trolled Marca. They had an article saying he was in Madrid with the pic on the right:

A007IdjCQAE-eVa.jpg

Home of Barca Fans