Jeremy Mathieu

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Apparently some Cules plan to go whistle at him when he's presented in front of the Barca-crest tonight 17:00. Disgusting stuff.

Scumbags indeed. :angry: The club should take actions against those "Cules", such as banning them for life from entering Camp Nou.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Btw, just for accuracy's sake, Mathieu is still 30 years old. He'll turn 31 in 3 months, but he is still 30.

LeeRomeno

I think this is absolutely magnificent capture for the club. I would personally like to take a wooden stick and beat the crap out of some of you idiots, who keep thinking real life is Football Manager and buying someone at 30 is bad. What kind of mentality is this. For defender 29-33 are his best years, defenders need experience and they only get it via playing for years, we have captured him for his best years.
Not only does he have this experience, he has it in La Liga, he knows all the teams, he is tall and strong, something we have missed and although i have seen around 5-6 Valencia games, last season, he seems really fast, which is surprising for his height.
Very very good transfer window so far except for selling Alexis, which was absolutely horrible decision, but i guess it was more up to him.

ammarfcb

ze special one
Btw, just for accuracy's sake, Mathieu is still 30 years old. He'll turn 31 in 3 months, but he is still 30.

from the forum that brought u "suarez will turn 28 in 7 months". starring zubi, directed by el berto and produced by hypocrisy pictures.

mackybagnack

now that it's official members calling him a "great signing". no wonder someone like Zubi has managed to stay as football director since 2010.

F

Flavia

now that it's official members calling him a "great signing". no wonder someone like Zubi has managed to stay as football director since 2010.

He is a great signing. But the majority of “cules“ elsewhere are criticizing it. I just wonder who else, with his profile, could be bought. Realistic targets. I can't think of anyone.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I think this is absolutely magnificent capture for the club. I would personally like to take a wooden stick and beat the crap out of some of you idiots, who keep thinking real life is Football Manager and buying someone at 30 is bad. What kind of mentality is this. For defender 29-33 are his best years, defenders need experience and they only get it via playing for years, we have captured him for his best years.
Not only does he have this experience, he has it in La Liga, he knows all the teams, he is tall and strong, something we have missed and although i have seen around 5-6 Valencia games, last season, he seems really fast, which is surprising for his height.
Very very good transfer window so far except for selling Alexis, which was absolutely horrible decision, but i guess it was more up to him.

Amen.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I like him, but I don't like the price. We usually let our 30+ players on a free or like Villa (one of the best forwards) for 5M. Tbh, if we signed him last year we might have won Liga.

Perseas

Good signing position-wise, but yet another terrible deal financially for the club. I hope he does not prove to be yet another Dmytro Chrigrinskiy... Same built and characteristics, hopefully not the same outcome...

Stric

So buying an average 30-year old CB for 20M is OK, but selling highly respected striker Villa for 2M is also OK, because he was old. :lol:

Chainsaw

Killahead
He is a great signing. But the majority of “cules“ elsewhere are criticizing it. I just wonder who else, with his profile, could be bought. Realistic targets. I can't think of anyone.

Not all who are criticizing this deal are doing it because of Mathieu's quality, but for the price that has been paid for a 31 years old. I was one of those who wanted him here, but no way I imagined Barca is going to pay 20m to bring him here. The price-tag is a bit of a turn off for me tbh.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

He's going to be a real asset, very happy for his signing...I can't think of anyone I'd trust more for that money...Plus, his versatility will give the team options...I have long thought of him as having a similar profile to Abidal, except with more in terms of an attacking outlet...His athleticism makes me feel confident about his age, as well...This is a very positive signing, even if this board screwed the club with the fee

I still think we need another excellent central defender though

Home of Barca Fans