Jeremy Mathieu

L

linetty

Corner 'problems' solved. Great signing. A lot of money but what do you want from a world where crappy Luiz goes for 60mln

Tomchin

I have no insight and do not know who the board tried to go for but there are some names that are about as expensive and Mathieu and are better/more promising than him imo.
Did they really try for Garay, Rojo, Musacchio, De Vrij, Dede, Matip or Toprak? Just some examples.
Garay and Musacchio stand out, but those other names? Garay, who knows, maybe they contacted him, but his salary-demands were too high? (confirmed by the fact he's willing to move to Zenith). Musacchio, his buyout-clause is 50M apparently?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I assume he will get the #22 because it's his favorite number. He even has it tattooed on his calf next to the bat.

frostdude1

Who cares about the price. The market is inflated. As linetty pointed out, Luiz just cost $60M and he makes a whole lot more mistakes than Mathieu.

People are acting as if we are some 4th division English team with a stadium that holds 4000 people.

This is FC Barcelona. MILLIONS of $$$ coming in every year, needs to be spent and we need centre backs. Yes I want a young CB as well this summer, but signing Mathieu is fantastic. He knows La Liga and he just killed himself proving he wants to come to Barca.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I assume he will get the #22 because it's his favorite number. He even has it tattooed on his calf next to the bat.

Well we need to sell alves for that. If we go for cuadrado instead of a CB it might happen. And going after cuadrado is just what barca will do mostly.

L

linetty

Reading through some comments on this forum and facebook... So much nonsense I feel overwhelmed.

It's a wonderful signing despite the price tag which shouldn't bother a normal human being because it's not their feckin money.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Exactly, I couldn't give a shit about finances unless it will damage the future if the club (not likely we have a bright future).

ammarfcb

ze special one
u guys are such hypocrites. bet if rm paid 20m on a slightly above average 31 year old lb to play as cb u'd be laughing to death.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not bad photoshop though.

imagen15556g.jpg

This is embarrassing. Did we even get Valencia's approval to PS this official Valencia profile photo?

Irish_Cules

u guys are such hypocrites. bet if rm paid 20m on a slightly above average 31 year old lb to play as cb u'd be laughing to death.

He played all of last season at centre back and was one of the best centre backs in the league. The fact that he can also play at left back before is a bonus.

Home of Barca Fans