Hansi Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Anyway hopefully Flick used his time being jobless well by studying other managers/styles so he can be flexible/adaptable.

Nazario1985

No, but his system is built on defenders taking risk and accepting that it will result in plenty of counter attacks. It can fit Araujo style.
Counter attacks ? or stupid penalty two weeks in a row ?

I've never seen one of his defenders at Bayern offering such thing to the opponent in the CL

master k

I'm really worried about the obsessively high line Flick likes to play. I could see this going badly, especially how poor Germany looked under him. I think this is a big risk Laporta and co are taking.

mc_lovin

In the documentary he surely looks like a bum. But I kind of like him. We shall see.

Just afraid Lewandowski will be untocuhable under him, but the same was said about Xavi and friends (and he was big on Amigocide).

Birdy

But I will tell you what @KingLeo10 . Here is my prediction w/o results/trophies, as no one knows that:

1) He will instill german mentality and discipline. No more circus trainings, and amigo coffee talk during sessions. Possible double sessions each day, with a lot of physical preparation emphasis

2) On the pitch, you will see real intensity. Especially w/o the ball, we will press with triggers, something unknown to Mr Xavi hernandez

3) More fast attacking and entertaining footy. We will enjoy watching Barca games after a looong time

The rest, as to which players will be important, and how far we will get remains to be seen

Birdy

In the documentary he surely looks like a bum. But I kind of like him. We shall see.

Just afraid Lewandowski will be untocuhable under him, but the same was said about Xavi and friends (and he was big on Amigocide).

He is German pal.
This kind of nepotistic / favoritistic situations don't happen with them.
If Lewa can't give what he asks, he will see the bench and I can't wait for that honestly

behindbrowneyes

Haven't seen enough of his sides to judge.

Lucho failed at Roma but was a perfect match for post Pep - Barca and that's the kind of hope I try to put towards Hansi. The success or non-success of a coach doesn't say much in terms of coaching Barca as we all know that Barca is very different.

With Xavi I had huge doubts because of missing experience in Europe and his stubbornness. He brought us a La Liga title which I'm very happy about. I wish him good luck in Europe and maybe sometime later the timing for him to coach Barca is better. Always felt he was still way too much emotionally invested which led to him getting red cards over and over again. Looked like he hasn't made the transition from player to coach yet.

companyofcules

I mean he plays the football that is either win or disaster. The swarming football.
I don't see his appointment as a total loss, at least we would get some muscles on our boys and do something beside rondo.
The swarming might work in La Liga if you do it properly and players get muscles, but also can fail totally if you implement it half way and you get outsmarted in every game while you try to outrun them.
The fans including this forum got their favorit beside Floppy so I will just relax and learn from the opportunity Laporta gave us.

Home of Barca Fans