Hansi Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

serghei

And a LW, but also that the squad needed last summer once busquets and Dembele left

Yeah, that's the thing. No matter how you move the players around, we still need the same two positions as in 4-3-3. DM and LW. Especially DM as Raphinha put in a very solid string of performances even at LW. He's ok even there. So, DM is way higher priority atm than anything else.

serghei

On the other hand, Flick coming might mean De Jong gets another chance. I doubt Flick is gonna want him sold. His credit is still high. So... don't know where the money for that key DM signing is gonna come. This is something for Laporta to fix. Tired of his politician's speech, while the club only signs bums and cheapos and our big vulnerabilities in the squad are still not fixed.

jamrock

On the other hand, Flick coming might mean De Jong gets another chance. I doubt Flick is gonna want him sold. His credit is still high. So... don't know where the money for that key DM signing is gonna come. This is something for Laporta to fix. Tired of his politician's speech, while the club only signs bums and cheapos and our big vulnerabilities in the squad are still not fixed.
We need to accept that we have to sell at least 1 high value player to fix the hole in the team, unless we sign a new sponsorship deal.

They tried to fix the issue with loan signings, but Felix and cancelo started well but faded badly.

Kounde.
Araujo
De jong
Raphinha

All our most sellable asset, one likely has to go.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
We really need to do something about our wages - look at our players, how in the fuck do we in total have one of Europes highest wages? It's a fucking joke that's what it is...

Quick question, so Flick is going to be on the sidelines today already? I haven't kept up with everything.

Reactions: BJJ

serghei

We need to accept that we have to sell at least 1 high value player to fix the hole in the team, unless we sign a new sponsorship deal.

They tried to fix the issue with loan signings, but Felix and cancelo started well but faded badly.

Kounde.
Araujo
De jong
Raphinha

Out of the 4, De Jong is my choice.

If you sell Kounde, you need to sign another good defender... Selling De Jong and signing a better defender to pair him with Gundogan, that's the way. But then De Jong is on a great contract, in a great city, and can't be forced to leave.

serghei

We really need to do something about our wages - look at our players, how in the fuck do we in total have one of Europes highest wages? It's a fucking joke that's what it is...

Quick question, so Flick is going to be on the sidelines today already? I haven't kept up with everything.

Nah, that's due to huge wages to past players still in our wage-bill. All those wages from covid days to Amigos that got delayed for 2 years or so, 2020 and 2021, are gonna be paid in 2024 and 2025.

We will see in 2026 how the wage bill looks. This was said by Laporta. He said outstanding payments to Messi are being paid religiously and said those payments are due to cease in 2025. And Messi wasn't the only one with big deferred contracts during Covid. Most of the amigos were grossly overpaid due to Bartomeu's incompetence.

Direct quote by Laporta:

“We have outstanding payments to Messi until 2025,” the Barca president said.

“What is owed to him is the deferral of the wage bill that was agreed with the previous board and that produces outstanding payments that end in 2025. He is paid religiously.”

serghei

Based on my understanding, as these outstanding deferrals courtesy of astronomic wages handed out by Bartomeu, the wage bill of the club is gonna drop by 2026 by some hundreds of millions. That's when the final mess from Bartomeu era is gonna be cleaned up.

Messigician

Based on my understanding, as these outstanding deferrals courtesy of astronomic wages handed out by Bartomeu, the wage bill of the club is gonna drop by 2026 by some hundreds of millions. That's when the final mess from Bartomeu era is gonna be cleaned up.
Barto this Barto that

Good players cost money

35 year old Lewa is on 35 million a year and this is under Laporta care to explain that?

serghei

Barto this Barto that

Good players cost money

35 year old Lewa is on 35 million a year and this is under Laporta care to explain that?

He is the only one that has a big wage from Laporta era. Let's not talk about Messi's contract, you know the El Mundo leaked story. Messi was on 138m a year. If we still have to pay Messi a big part of his yearly wage for 2 more years, that's almost 100-200m on Messi alone, I don't know the exact sums or how they were structured, but... they must be huge payments, even Laporta hinted at this himself. Then add Suarez, then add Busi, Pique, Alba, the contract of De Jong... you can get to pretty crazy sums inherited from Bartomeu.

This is the only logical explanation of the bloated wage bill and why we can't overcome the La Liga FFP even years after Bartomeu. The crook signed deferrals with the players during covid to delay the payments for 2-3 seasons and place the burden and those insane wages on the next board.

Last edited:

Porque

Well, hopefully Flick gets a bit of time to work with the squad before we force sales. I'd imagine that there are a few players that he could make good use of.

Be it de Jong, Araujo or whoever else.

draconifire

Kounde.
Araujo
De jong
Raphinha

FdJ easily. In his 4-2-3-1 system, FdJ is the weakest link.

Nello

His 4-2-3-1 can work with our current squad IF we sign a top DM to upgrade our team. And by top doesn't mean he needs to cost a fortune, but the signing has to be a hit.

The good part about bringing Flick is that a player like Raphinha, probably by favorite in the whole squad atm, is gonna be a constant starter most likely. He can play well in all positions in the 3 behind Lewandowski, especially the central position and the right side position.
I don't think Raphinha has good enough decision making, weight of pass or dribbling skills to be a 10/ AM or whatever.

It's true that he has football IQ in the sense that he often makes good runs, gets into good scoring positions and therefore contributes really well with G/A.

But I cannot count the amount of times he's released the ball at the wrong time because he's not confident enough to wait until someone steps forward to pressure him or something similar. He doesn't have the vision, timing or ability to drive ball forward to play centrally and set up good attacking plays. Even Fermín does that better.

He can do well as a LW that finds pocket of space to run into centrally and get goals. But not as a central attacking player that sees a lot of the ball. He doesn't have the required quality on the ball for that.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

I don't think Raphinha has good enough decision making, weight of pas or dribbling skills to be a 10/ AM or whatever.
Agree there.

Hopefully we don't see Flick trying to force his 4231... our midfielders are much better suited for a 433. Unless he wants to build around Frenkie, which is also fine.

Anyways, get that damn DM in. And without Xavi we hopefully don't go the Zubimendi route. Now I am worried Flick wants Kimmich as DM though :lol:

jamrock

FdJ easily. In his 4-2-3-1 system, FdJ is the weakest link.
Think most would agree it's de jong, a few still hope he will finally get out of his development stage at 26/27 lol, it's possible but unlikely.

That being said he's the most likely to stay, no sane club is paying de jong 17m+

Home of Barca Fans