.................Lewandowski

M3ls

Let me try again

..................Ter Stegen
Kounde..Araujo...Cubarsi.....Balde
...........De Jong...Gundogan
Lamine.......Raphinha...Nico Williams
Сubarsi doesn't fit Flick's aggressive style. His speed qualities are questionable. He reminds me of Garcia - small, slow, but with a great pass. However, Garcia is better in aerial duels.

That's why:
Сubarsi - NO
Faye - YES

I like the idea of Raphinha as an attacking midfielder, I've been talking about it for a long time.
But with a pair of Gundogan and Frenkie, we will be vulnerable in defense. I'd rather replace Frenkie with a player who's a better defender.

Reactions: BJJ

BJJ

Sell De Jong and Pedri and bring in a proper DM who's physical and can defend.
4231 is what Flick likes and would probably suit us best.
As a previous poster mentioned Flick jumped in mid season during all the Covid chaos and made Bayern much better. Instead of praising Flick for that people are criticising him for it.
Pep just lost a cup final to a shitty Utd team and a manager who is also much maligned on this forum.
Bottom line Flick will be judged on his results and team play. He knows the financial situation and he has to make do with whatever is available.
He was super keen and judging from reports turned down other offers. Look at Utd,Chelsea and Bayern. They're struggling with recruiting a manager.
Flick is a good choice considering the circumstances.

gasgas

Сubarsi doesn't fit Flick's aggressive style. His speed qualities are questionable. He reminds me of Garcia - small, slow, but with a great pass. However, Garcia is better in aerial duels.

That's why:
Сubarsi - NO
Faye - YES

I like the idea of Raphinha as an attacking midfielder, I've been talking about it for a long time.
But with a pair of Gundogan and Frenkie, we will be vulnerable in defense. I'd rather replace Frenkie with a player who's a better defender.f we s
If we sell De Jong, may be we can buy a player in the mould of Onana, no that would be something

gasgas

Sell De Jong and Pedri and bring in a proper DM who's physical and can defend.
4231 is what Flick likes and would probably suit us best.
As a previous poster mentioned Flick jumped in mid season during all the Covid chaos and made Bayern much better. Instead of praising Flick for that people are criticising him for it.
Pep just lost a cup final to a shitty Utd team and a manager who is also much maligned on this forum.
Bottom line Flick will be judged on his results and team play. He knows the financial situation and he has to make do with whatever is available.
He was super keen and judging from reports turned down other offers. Look at Utd,Chelsea and Bayern. They're struggling with recruiting a manager.
Flick is a good choice considering the circumstances.
Ideas

Sell Pedri, De Jong, Ferran,

Buy
Onana,
Nico Williams

Play 4-2-3-1

................Ter stegen
Kounde...Araujo...Cubarsi.....Balde
.........Onana.....Gundogan..
Lamine....Raphinha....Nico
..............Lewandowskj

Birdy

Let me try again

..................Ter Stegen
Kounde..Araujo...Cubarsi.....Balde
...........De Jong...Gundogan
Lamine.......Raphinha...Nico Williams

Erase Nico, we won't prob get

it will be:

.................Ter Stegen
Kounde..Araujo...Cub/Chris.....Balde
...........De Jong/Gavi...Gundogan
Lamine..........Perdi........Raphinha...
...................Lewa/Roque

With Fermin, Roque, Ansu (if coming back) prominent subs

mc_lovin

A double pivot doesn’t change the fact that Frenkie has no defensive awareness :lol: And Gundogan certainly isn’t optimal there either. Neither is Gavi.

You need a positional DM for Frenkie in a double pivot and a physical DM for Gundogan (who's more positional than Frenkie). That DM needs to do the heavy lifting in both cases.

Last edited:

jamrock

I think the club will move heaven & earth to sign a DM this summer.

De jong-gundogan ain't it.

When we tried gavi-de jong last season it looked passable, but we didn't test it against the best teams, it mainly worked, because gavi got that dwaaag in him.

gregorrin10

Tough Times...I am pretty speechless. Playing a suicide high line like he did with German NT. Dont know if this is the answer for our club. No natural authority surrounds this man.
The only thing what could be positive, maybe physical preparation and medical staff will be better under him. If not, it will be a complete disaster.
No natural authority? He's German. That's plenty of authority already. :cool: :ROFLMAO:

Home of Barca Fans