European Super League

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think the board would join once that thing gets underway. Bayern likes to break principles in order to keep up with the rest. However 50+1 means the club is fan owned, so its difficult for them to push that.

Yeah, Bayern will definitely join when all the kinks are ironed out and if there are no major detrimental consequences like getting banned from the domestic league etc.

The 3 remaining founding club spots are reserved for Bayern, Dortmund and PSG.

khaled_a_d

Yeah, Bayern will definitely join when all the kinks are ironed out and if there are no major detrimental consequences like getting banned from the domestic league etc.

The 3 remaining founding club spots are reserved for Bayern, Dortmund and PSG.

Rumours it is Liebzig and not BVB.
Which makes sense, they are the ones with the money.

El Gato

Villarato!
It is the football NBA.
I won't be surprised if it changed to same 20 teams all the time sooner or later.

Was my point. No need to do 15+5 if you can do 20 and make it NBA. The former would suggest the pilot project is to leave that gate open but they can't really if they want big sides to have a guaranteed spot no matter the result

Yannik

Leipzig can and will join ESL if it gets underway. There's no opposition in the clubs structures to oppose this. Plus the ESL is a corporate dream, now you can market your product worldwide and not just in Germany.
RB would also fund Leipzig to the max extreme where even Bayern cant compete with them anymore.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
"In addition, the competition will be built on a sustainable financial foundation with all Founding Clubs signing up to a spending framework. In exchange for their commitment, Founding Clubs will receive an amount of €3.5 billion solely to support their infrastructure investment plans and to offset the impact of the COVID pandemic."

According to their press release, there will be some sort of spending limits.

The 3.5 billion euros figure is shared by all 15 founding clubs, right? So each one will get around 230m every year?

Givenchy

a spending framework? is that in regards to transfers? that sounds like more than a mere CL replacement if so..

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's not annual far as I see

If it is just some up front payout to entice clubs to sign up and no guaranteed payout each season/year, I am not sure if this will benefit the clubs financially in the long run.

I know they are lacking details but the whole thing sounds like a scheme with hollow promises.

Porque

Can't sleep, turn on the computer to this shit storm.

They are going to support the domestic leagues because they eventually plan to have a two tier system with the domestic leagues qualifying into it.

Eventually the big clubs will leave the local league system altogether.

Laporta must be ecstatic about this for one reason. Barcelona will now be representing Catalonia and not Spain.

Total-Football

"In addition, the competition will be built on a sustainable financial foundation with all Founding Clubs signing up to a spending framework. In exchange for their commitment, Founding Clubs will receive an amount of €3.5 billion solely to support their infrastructure investment plans and to offset the impact of the COVID pandemic."

According to their press release, there will be some sort of spending limits.

The 3.5 billion euros figure is shared by all 15 founding clubs, right? So each one will get around 230m every year?

Who pays this fund?

Porque

Biggest winners with this are AC Milan who have been dead as a top club for almost a decade. Much like Arsenal. All we need is Marseille to join ahead of PSG and the 90s circle jerk is complete.

Home of Barca Fans