Ernesto Valverde

KingLeo10

I'd love to see him replace Arteta at Arsenal. He'd turn that club around

He would. He'd bring them up all the way from relegation to within striking distance of top 4, only to bottle it to the actual top 4 in the last game of the season.

This is who EV is. A pretender :mou:

Rassvet

He would. He'd bring them up all the way from relegation to within striking distance of top 4, only to bottle it to the actual top 4 in the last game of the season.

This is who EV is. A pretender :mou:

What's happened since he left has shown that the players were the bottlers, not EV

KingLeo10

What's happened since he left has shown that the players were the bottlers, not EV

The supposed bottlers have all won a CL (and in many cases multiple CLs) without EV. What has EV done before or after Barca?

What happened is that the amigos got old and washed up and lazy. But that doesn't change the fact that EV is a bottler. Same as Setien and Koeman.

Rassvet

The supposed bottlers have all won a CL (and in many cases multiple CLs) without EV. What has EV done before or after Barca?

What happened is that the amigos got old and washed up and lazy. But that doesn't change the fact that EV is a bottler. Same as Setien and Koeman.

The players have been bottlers for five seasons under four different managers, but sure it's Valverde's fault even though his tenure brought the only success we've had during this period.

Laplacian

Liverpool game we lost due to player errors, not tactics. Players were missing basic passes they normally make throughout the season. I think that pretty much established that by then, there was a huge problem of mentality amongst the players.

I mean with Alba crying in the locker room after the first half should've sealed this argument ages ago.

Laplacian

A goalkeepers job is to take command of the backline and organise it, keep it vigilant. Him and the senior players were all lounging around when Trent took his corner.

Should he have substituted our goalkeeper and our entire backline too?

messi2140

6racies Xavi
and put who at left back? Umtiti? Roberto?

Roberto played a few times there under Valverde , so I don't see why not.

And are you seriously going to ignore the subs the man made ? We conceded 3 goals and he thought then it was a great idea to sub in Semedo for Coutinho at the 60th minute. I agree with you the players bottled it on the pitch but so did Valverde.

A goalkeepers job is to take command of the backline and organise it, keep it vigilant. Him and the senior players were all lounging around when Trent took his corner.

That's not even the same , let me refresh your memory.

Last edited:

Laplacian

Meh, I don't rate Valverde but the players were mental fucking midgets. Valverde didn't help but the players killed the game by themselves. Rakitic, Alba, Busquets, and Ter Stegen.

KingLeo10

The players have been bottlers for five seasons under four different managers, but sure it's Valverde's fault even though his tenure brought the only success we've had during this period.

Messi was about 10 magnitudes more important than EV to winning those LL. The odd game that Messi didn't play in 17/18, EV did what he does - bottled a game to lose an unbeaten season :lol:

Top teams have been needing managers for the past 2-3 years. The fact that EV hasn't landed one big job is very telling.

SmilerBam

No. They just got older. Valverde had the last legs of the seniors. Their last drop of prime. He isn't a great coach by any means. No great coach loses twice in a row a tie he was 3 goals up in the first leg.

SmilerBam

Meh, I don't rate Valverde but the players were mental fucking midgets. Valverde didn't help but the players killed the game by themselves. Rakitic, Alba, Busquets, and Ter Stegen.

Rakitic, Alba, Busi and Ter Stegen won the CL before. Busi multiple times. They are many things, but not mental midgets. They just declined. Which is perfectly normal. Ratomeu fault that he didn't replaced them and instead bought the trio of doom.

Mateka

That corner was a humiliating low point.

vegitot

No. They just got older. Valverde had the last legs of the seniors. Their last drop of prime. He isn't a great coach by any means. No great coach loses twice in a row a tie he was 3 goals up in the first leg.

Ancelotti??? 4-0 lose to Deportivo and Instanbul vs Liverpool.

Home of Barca Fans