Deco

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Xavi is the one with 1 year left in contract who is making a lot of demands.
I think at some point it will be easier for Laporta to change the coach than SD.

I am afraid Laporta has blind trust on Xavi and will renew him and all power goes to Xavi, with Deco and the SD office playing second fiddle.

It should not be like this, even if Xavi is on a long-term contract. The manager certainly should have key input on signings but shouldn't wield this kind of power. Signings should never be centered around one manager, no matter who he is.

Reactions: BJJ

FinBarcelonafan

I am afraid Laporta has blind trust on Xavi and will renew him and all power goes to Xavi, with Deco and the SD office playing second fiddle.

It should not be like this, even if Xavi is on a long-term contract. The manager certainly should have key input on signings but shouldn't wield this kind of power. Signings should never be centered around one manager, no matter who he is.

Laporta has blind trust for Xavi because the fans love him. From my understanding Laporta wanted coach from outside, like a German one. He went with Xavi because it gave stability to the club and fans in a moment of total turmoil, which was needed because the potential bankruptcy yada yada and other problems.

Let's face it. Laporta chose Xavi because the stability imo. I don't think he believed Xavi was ready to coach on this level yet. My fifty cents or guesses.

Xavi has done extremely well in LALiga but seems to struggle in Europe when the intensity gets high. That's something he needs to learn to adjust. His game plan isn't effective there. He knows LaLiga.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Laporta has blind trust for Xavi because the fans love him. From my understanding Laporta wanted coach from outside, like a German one. He went with Xavi because it gave stability to the club and fans in a moment of total turmoil, which was needed because the potential bankruptcy yada yada and other problems.

Let's face it. Laporta chose Xavi because the stability imo. I don't think he believed Xavi was ready to coach on this level yet. My fifty cents or guesses.

Xavi has done extremely well in LALiga but seems to struggle in Europe when the intensity gets high. That's something he needs to learn to adjust. His game plan isn't effective there. He knows LaLiga.

Xavi was lucky last season on many occasions. I for one don't think he has what it takes to take us to win the league and go far in Europe consistently going forward. I don't want us to lose anything just to let Xavi go but I am afraid it is just a matter of time.

But the issue is beyond Xavi. Any manager should not wield too much power, certainly not overrule the SD and data analytics etc. on potential transfer targets. The team shouldn't be built ONLY with the preferences of one manager in mind, or being the overwhelming factor in deciding matters.

serghei

He already did win the league and he did it in style, dominating the league from beginning to end against a superior rival. Xavi is the least of our problems, as in he's not a problem at all, but a plus-value of the current management team. As is Laporta.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Central issue is short-term solutions.
Presidents come and go, managers last few years. No one is really interested in long term planning.

Sporting director spot shouldn't be subject of political decision but I don't see a way to avoid nepotism and politics.

JamDav1982

He already did win the league and he did it in style, dominating the league from beginning to end against a superior rival. Xavi is the least of our problems, as in he's not a problem at all, but a plus-value of the current management team. As is Laporta.

Serghie still bumping gums about 'superior' Real Madrid.

Barca had better squad last season as were told.

Stop repeating everything can in quest to bum up Real Madrid at any given chance.

Then again Spurs were made out to have 'superior' squad also... all in name of making excuses if dont win.

serghei

I don't have to "bump" one of the most recent CL winners as a supporter of a team that last won CL 8 years ago. It's self explanatory that Madrid are a better side. Ancelotti fucked up last season in the league, couldn't get them to perform consistently.

JamDav1982

I don't have to "bump" one of the most recent CL winners as a supporter of a team that last won CL 8 years ago. It's self explanatory that Madrid are a better side. Ancelotti fucked up last season in the league, couldn't get them to perform consistently.

Barca had better squad last season and you were wrong about how 'superior' Real were yet still repeat it.

Anything to bum up Real as usual.

Here we go 'Real are still better' because 'reasons'...

Usual Serghie nonsense.

Barca were better team last season and not all down to Ancelotti fucking it up. Usual mental gymnastics.

All season about 'mental monstors'.. 'elite in every area'.. 'best team in europe' being Real Madrid.

Totally wrong as proven.

serghei

Real are better team, everyone knows it except you and some Xavi haters around here. They have an issue at 9, but we have more. If they don't make a mega signing like Mbappe or something, it should be fairly close though.

JamDav1982

Real are better team, everyone knows it except you and some Xavi haters around here. They have an issue at 9, but we have more. If they don't make a mega signing like Mbappe or something, it should be fairly close though.
Hah aye Seghie.

Spent last year telling us how Real were favs for CL, had best GK, best defence etc.. these mentality monsters are elite across the park and Barca have no chance.

Barca then win league and proven wrong on chances to win....

Just keep repeating how 'superior' Real are regardless.

Usual Serghie nonsense.

But then again... Spurs were said to be better also than Barca.

cliche of 'Xavi haters' doesnt wash. You were wrong. Squad was better and the truth is you just make excuses all way in case Xavi fails.

You were completely wrong last year and arrogantly repeating same shit again.

Goooooo Spurs!

serghei

They made the CL semis :lol:. And a year before they got the title. And a year before they made the semis again. My god you're clueless as fuck...

Madrid is consistently a top 4 team in CL for years while Barca consistently get humiliated in CL groups lately, or last 16 at best, but you think somehow Barca have better team. :lol:

what about proving it by making CL semis like they do? Oh, wait, Xavi is to blame.

JamDav1982

They made the CL semis :lol:. And a year before they got the title. And a year before they made the semis again. My god you're clueless as fuck...

Yes they made CL semis... and were trounced by first top team they met.

Barca went out to Bayern and Utd.. better than any teams Real beat in Europe last season.

Barca won league by double digits over Real.

Barca were better last season. Only deluded tries to argue for Real way you.

Serghie argues more for quality of Real Madrid than any Madrista on here.

Usual.

You were wrong a year ago and proven so.

Yes they won title year before and that was all taken into consideration when you were told Barca were not years and 100s on millions away from competing with them in league.

All part of debate... going back to shit arguments you had that were proven wrong when Barca won league proves nothing but how wrong you were.

serghei

Jammie, some day, Barca are gonna be back. Maybe in 2 years, 3 years, maybe more, and then you are gonna make more sense and compare apples vs apples. Until then, you're consistently going to be unintentionally funny.

JamDav1982

No one gushes for Real Madrid quite like Serghie.

Even when proven wrong and Barca beat them to league title when claimed impossible due to their supeirority.

Few weeks later... Serghie ignores how wrong was and goes back to gushing over Real and their superiority.

Usual.

I made sense and was correct a year ago.

Do better.

From the man who claimed Spurs were better than Barca and Real best in Europe and Barca miles off them so couldnt compete..... you were told otherwise and were wrong.

Textbook Serghie to be wrong and keep at it.

Suits you.

Home of Barca Fans